Keep

"That was a good movie," Mark said smiling.

"Yeah, it's one of my favorites," Jinyoung told him getting up from the beanbag. "It always makes me feel better."

"Jinyoung can I stay the night?" Mark asked, sadness lingering in his voice.

"Uh, sure I guess," Jinyoung said. He felt a little nervous around Mark.

Mark smiled and got up from his seat. He stretched and then went to lay on Jinyoung's bed as if it were his own.

Jinyoung was surprised at how comfortable Mark was making himself, he smiled a bit. He went to get some blankets, deciding he'd let Mark have the bed. He went into his closet and got some blankets spreading them on the floor.

"Jinyoung," Mark mumbled.

Jinyoung looked at Mark who was curled up in his bed.

"Can you sleep with me?" Mark asked.

Jinyoung's eyes widened. His face tinted a shade of red.

"Uh s-sure," Jinyoung answered. He shut off the light and made his way to the bed where he laid awkwardly next to Mark.

Mark turned to face Jinyoung. They locked eyes for a minute. Soon enough Mark lost it, he couldn't hold back anymore. His tears started to fall from his face.

Jinyoung didn't know what do. He didn't want to see Mark cry. He grabbed Mark's waist and pulled him in close, hugging him tightly as Mark cried into his chest.

"I'm sorry," Mark sobbed softly.

Jinyoung said nothing, he just rubbed Mark's back trying to comfort him. He let Mark cry into him for awhile until he slowly started to calm down and fall asleep in Jinyoung's arms.

Jinyoung didn't know why, but he felt like he needed to do everything he could to make Mark happy.

-

Jinyoung woke up with the sun in his eyes. He squinted from the light and sat up. He looked to his side but Mark was gone. He took his phone and sent a message to Mark.

pepi_jy_: Why did you leave?

mark_tuan: I have to go to school

pepi_jy_: Oh do you go to Jaein Highschool?

mark_tuan: Yes

pepi_jy_: Do you want to maybe walk together

mark_tuan: No I'm okay I have to go in early

pepi_jy_: I can go in early 

mark_tuan: No it's fine 

pepi_jy_: Okay

pepi_jy_: Will I see you at school then?

mark_tuan: Yeah sure

pepi_jy_: Okay

Jinyoung got up from his bed and started to get ready for school. He couldn't keep Mark off his mind.

~

Mark sat up on his bed, clothes still on from the night before. He couldn't bring himself to go to school that day, he just didn't want Jinyoung to worry about him, that's why he lied. He didn't want to cry anymore, but he knew he would if he went to school. He had at least one class every day with Jackson, and he wasn't ready to face him yet. 

knock knock knock 

"Mark are you really not going to school?" His mother asked from the other side of the locked door.

"I'm not going," Mark told her. 

"Okay, well your father and I will be home late tonight, so you'll have to eat dinner alone," his mother said before leaving Mark alone with his thoughts.

Mark rustled his hair and stood up. He decided it would be a good idea to take a shower, but he started to cry again. It would mostly come out of nowhere. A thought about Jackson, causing him to cry his eyes out. 

Mark collapsed back on his bed, covering his face, as he sobbed. He didn't sob just because Jackson left, but he sobbed because he was a fool to believe anyone but himself.

~

"Hey, Jinyoung!" 

Jinyoung looked up from his book and gave the tall fluffy haired boy a glare.

"Don't you mean, Jinyoung hyung," Jinyoung corrected the younger.

"I'm sorry, Jinyoung hyung," the boy said. 

"What do you want Yugyeom?" Jinyoung asked looking down at his book again. 

"I just wanted to say hi," Yugyeom said to him.

"Okay, hi. Now bye," Jinyoung said waving his hand to Yugyeom.

"You're so mean hyung," Yugyeom said, pouting, and walked away from Jinyoung. 

Jinyoung put down his book and sighed. He stared out the window. 

'I hope Mark is okay,' Jinyoung thought. He didn't want Mark to be hurting more than he already was. He just wanted to go find Mark and hug him tightly. Jinyoung felt like Mark needed that right now.

-

It was towards the end of the school day and Jinyoung was waiting impatiently for the final bell to ring. When it did he immediately jumped out of his seat and went to find Mark, even though he didn't know what class he was in. 

Instead of Mark, Jinyoung found Yugyeom. He decided to ask Yugyeom, considering they were friends.

"Hey Yugyeom, have you seen your friend Mark today?" Jinyoung asked. 

"No, I don't think he came to school today," Yugyeom said. "Wait, why do you care?"

"It's not important, where does he live?" Jinyoung asked. Yugyeom's eyes became wide.

"Jinyoung hyung, are you going to kill him or something?" Yugyeom asked, not trusting what Jinyoung would do if he gave him Mark's address.

"No, I'm just worried about him," Jinyoung confessed.

"You? Care about somebody else? You?" Yugyeom questioned.

"Ugh, Yugyeom just give me his address before I beat you to death," Jinyoung threatened, getting annoyed with Yugyeom.

"Okay, okay, give me your phone," Yugyeom said. 

Jinyoung handed Yugyeom his phone. Yugyeom typed in the address on the GPS and handed it back to Jinyoung.

"Thank you," Jinyoung said and ran off to Mark's house.

'I hope he's okay,' Jinyoung thought. That's all he could think, the whole time he walked to Mark's house. 

-

He finally got there and knocked on the door. 

No answer.

He tried to knock a little louder this time.

Still no answer.

Jinyoung began to get impatient and banged on the door rather than knocked. 

"MARK IT'S ME JINYOUNG!" He yelled.

There was still no answer. 

Jinyoung tried to just open the door, and to his surprise, it was unlocked. Jinyoung opened the door and made his way inside. He looked in the kitchen and there was Mark, passed out on the floor with a bottle of beer in his hand.

"MARK!" Jinyoung yelled rushing to Mark's side. He lifted Mark's head onto his lap and tried to wake him up. "Come on Mark, wake up."

Mark's eyes began to slowly open. His eye's met with Jinyoung's. 

"Daddy?" Mark mumbled.

Jinyoung's eyes widened.