Chapter 1.

"Karma, I told you I just want you to be happy, no matter who gives you that happiness. Look, Nicholas just got out, he made you happy, that was clear. I know you still love him, so..I'm not going to stop you if you want to be with him." Lyric said with a sad smile. He watched as the love of his life stood across from him with different emotions flashed across her face.

"I love you Lyric, I really do but-" she trailed off.

The dark haired teen closed his eyes and smiled sadly.

"But you love him more, you told me once before that he was your heart. I respect that." Karma looked at him, she could tell he was breaking inside, he looked so dull compared to yesterday when they were hanging out laughing at the Riverside, before Karma heard the news about Nicholas getting out.

Right now they were standing in front of Karma's house, in the cold, donned in only sweaters and jeans. Their cheeks were rosy, cold, they were both shaking slightly, Lyric shuddered every few minutes while Karma shifted her weight from one foot to the other. Lyric had bloodshot puffy eyes and messed up hair. Karma didn't look too much better herself, but she still looked better than him.

"Look it's fine Karma, just take care of yourself, you know I'm going to be here if you need anything. Be safe out there Karma, with anything you decide to do." Without giving the girl a chance to respond, he shot her one last smile and turned away, walking towards the car parked in her driveway waiting to take him home.

Sliding into the passenger seat Lyric closed his eyes and leaned his head back tears steadily streaming down his rosy, cold cheeks.

"Come on Lyric, let's get you home." A comforting, husky voice whispered as Lyric felt himself being buckled in. The dark haired teen opened his eyes and turned his head, gazing at burning amber eyes. Those burning eyes belonged to his brother, Asce, and right now they were teeming with concern.

"It hurts so much, but as long as she's happy." Came a whisper from pale lips. The elder cocked a brow but decided not to question him as he pulled out of the driveway and took off towards Lyric's apartment. The younger opened the glove box and took out his cigarettes and lighter, holding one between his lips, he cracked the window slightly and lit the end of it, watching as the red embers came a little bit closer to his lips; the smoke entering his lungs. He exhaled and watched as the smoke vanished out of the window. Asce glanced at his younger brother and frowned. He knew that Lyric was on a path of self-loathing and self-destruction now. If he ever got his hands on that girl and her little boy-toy for hurting his little brother this much then it wouldn't be soon enough. 

That was a year ago. In that time Asce died in a car accident, Lyric started transitioning and got his very first binder, got emancipated and now has his own apartment in Misty Hollow, has Asce's car- since it was repairable, a black 1967 Chevy Impala, Asce's pride and joy, and was holding a job down at Hot Topic. It wasn't the best paying job but once Lyric had talked to the landlord, he was able to get an apartment with little rent. All he had to pay was $230 for rent and then all his other bills; water, cable, WiFi, electricity, and his insurances. He didn't struggle much but he wouldn't be heading on a trip to the Bahamas anytime soon.

Lyric's parents had died, his dad from a heart and lung failure and his mother from a heart-attack and his brother was killed in tragic, fatal car accident, quite ironically, it was one month later when Karma had broken Lyric's heart.

A year passed and he was still haunted by Karma, and alone now. But that all changed.

A very exhausted teenager walked through the door of his quiet apartment. It wasn't empty, he made sure that he got it decorated once he had enough money to not starve for two weeks while waiting on his next paycheck. There was a green seated Buddha in the corner of the living room, a spinning quartz crystal mobile above that, an Alice and Wonderland tea party painting above the black leather couch, a small flat screen sat on the opposite wall from the couch. It was a small place, but it was worth it, especially since he didn't have to pay  expensive rent.