seventeen

~~~

Avia's POV

It was now 3rd period, the one I had with Evelyn. We had lunch next, then 4th, 5th, and 6th then school is out for the day.

I walk into the class, which was Spanish, as always, being the first one. "Como estas, Avia?" ( AN Not the best at Spanish, but I'm getting there.)

My teacher, Ms. Woods greeted me as I walked in. She was from New York but she can speak Spanish, French, and Mandarin. Which I would say is pretty impressive.

"Bien, Señora Woods." I gave her a smile and made my way all the way in the back to my desk. I put my binder down, getting out the homework as kids walk in.

I was watching who came into the room and finally saw Evelyn. She saw me and smiled, but went to Ms. Woods' desk.

She was talking to her until Ms. Woods pointed to the desk next to me. The tables were in groups of two by the way.

No one sat next to me because, well you already know no one likes me. The girl who was assigned to be my partner, switched this period.

I saw Evelyn coming towards me, with a bright smile. "Hey! How come your so quiet? Everyone in here is socializing!" She then sat down, putting down her books and binder.

I shrugged. I didn't want to tell her about me because I knew she wouldn't want to hang out with me anymore. "Well, uh, I mean," I sigh looking down at my binder. "No one really likes me here and I just get bullied." I mumbled.

I look up and see her staring at me. "Oh my gosh, Avia, why don't you tell someone?!" She started looking at me with a worried expression. I sighed loudly. "The teachers and staff here may seem nice, but they don't care. A bunch of teachers see my bullies hurting me, but they don't stop them from doing that."

"What about your parents?" I wished she didn't ask that. "My dad, well he is abusive and he is an alcoholic. My mom she left with my siblings when I was 9 or 10, I forgot." I sighed again. "I get it if you don't want to be my friend anymore, Lynn."

She looked at me confused. "Why wouldn't I want to be your friend? I understand, you need someone right now. I'll be right here." She gave me a warm smile as the bell rang.

"Okay, class, please take out your notebook and start on your journal entry!" Ms. Woods said as she projected the work on the active board.

Everyone grabbed their notebook and saw the work. "Hey Avia, please help Evelyn with our work, I know it's difficult being new while learning Spanish." I nodded my head and turned to Evelyn.

"You have a notebook, right?" She nodded and took it out. "Alrighty, so basically when we walk in, we get our homework out, and when class starts we get our notebooks and work on the notebook entry. After 10 minutes, Ms. Woods, well actually call her, Señora Woods, calls on random people to solve the problems."

She nodded her head slowly. "Just copy down all the English words and wait until we go over it."

I started working on it until time was up. (Some words in Spanish) "Okay classe, today we will be getting more into the lesson on, 'gusta'. Can anyone tell me what that means? How about you, Josie?"