Rolling My Eyes 2

Yay! Chapter 2! If you're reading this thank you sooooo much! Please vote, comment or fan if you like it. I do appreciate it a lot! Please do read on. (Oh and this is a different point of view.^^)

Different

Zeld

The walk  to the music room seems a hundred miles from the classroom even if it’s just a floor under. I guess the silence makes it seem longer. If I embarrassed myself that much in a short period of time, approximately 10 minutes which includes the almost slip, the tardiness and the lack of material, then probably I would have nothing to say.

                I wonder if helping her before when she slipped makes her feel less embarrassed. I wonder if she even wonders about that too or if she even knows I was the one who helped her get up. Her hair, brown and long, was covering her face when she said her thanks before.

                We have just descended the stairs, our shoes thumped on the squeaky steps, and we’re now on the 3rd floor.

                “So. . .” I start to say. “What a way to start the day, Ms. Poldengrove”

                “Yeah. Can’t wait for it to end.” She says glumly while looking down on the floor. “And you can call me by my name. It makes me feel old when you say that.”

                “Don’t worry, Kitch, you’ll have a guitar soon and you can – “

                “Mess it all up again.”

                “No.” I object. “You can prove yourself, you know.”

                “Prove what? I know they already think I’m a freaking loser.”

                I laugh at the term. “Freaking?”

                “Yeah and I think I want to back out.”

“Back out? On the first day? You’ve got to be kidding.”

 “I’m not kidding! Everyone thinks I suck.”

“They’re going to think you’re a loser, a sucker and a quitter if you do that which only makes your reputation more messed up than what it already is.”

“Yeah. Thanks a lot for summing that up. Now I know how much I do suck.”

“Just don’t quit. You shouldn’t quit. What they say shouldn’t affect you. What they think about you shouldn’t matter to you at all. You shouldn’t give a sh – “

O-kay. Stop it right there and don’t say anything that violates my reputation to God too. Please.” She puts up her free hand, left, and stops me.

I sigh. “Fine. Let me teach you how to play the guitar then.”

“Teach me? I’ll suck.”

“Don’t be so negative.”

“I’m telling you, I’ll suck at it. I’ve never even played the one Mom bought for me at this garage sale for 5 dollars because my brother broke it even before I got the chance to practice and play a lil’ something.”

 “Listen – “

                “And it sucks because even if that guitar was just from a yard sale and was just worth a few dollars I still like it because Mom gave it to me, you know. It has sentimental value.”