chapter 2

I've always wanted to have better understanding of my past. Instead fragments of images missing. I guess a part of me was hoping that this road trip would help fill in the missing pieces. Part of me always knew I would have to go back to start of it all home.

Jordan had found a large road map. We had begin circling places we wanted to visit before ending in New York.

I felt the stronge since of wanting to go to colorado. I had dreams of a city surrounded by beautiful mountains. A felt connected to place and I wasn't sure why, but I needed to know.

"Olivia! Can you grab the markers out my mom's office" said Jordan.

I head off across the hallway. I slowly open the door. Carey's office was always so neat. She had few files scatter across the table. A large book case. She had quite collections of books. I ran my fingers over each titles. I stopped at two small books that seemed to be out place.

I didn't think she would mind, a quick look at her books. I grab the blue book.,but it wasn't a book at all.

Dairy? I said to myself. A picture fell out. I stared at it has fell to the floor. I bent down to pick it up. My eyes widen with surprise it was picture of my mom,an older girl and me. In the picture I couldn't have been no more then 7 years old. I turned over and there was a name Tessa.

Who is Tessa I said to myself. I open the dairy and place the picture back inside. There were more pictures inside. I think I just found my mom's dairies. I didn't have time process why Carey would keep this from! I placed back on the shelve, grab the markers, and heading back to the kitchen.

"What took you so long! Did you get lost along the way" said Aiden.

" sorry I had use the bathroom" I lied to my friends.

I wanted to tell them, that I had found my mom's dairy. I also wonder if they knew that their mom was keeping it from me?

Before I had chance to say anything Carey walked into the kitchen. She had been out town all week.

What's going on here? She asked.

Jordan looks up at her mom and says " we're talking about taking road trip."

She looks over with puzzling look on her face and says " road trip? What give you that idea? ".

I looked over at Jordan and Aiden. I hope they wouldn't mention new York. Carey had this idea it be best, if I stay close to home. I hadn't exactly told her about college in New York or the internship I landed with the best magazine company.

" we're going to New York " said Aiden.

"New York! That's great bonding trip for you and Jordan ".

Jordan looks at her and says " Olivia is going too". And there it was a door that was now open and now I had some explaining to do. I was hoping not to have this conversation.

Carey looked over at me.her face seemed surprised.

And why would you be going to New York? She asked.

I took deep breath and replied " I got in to NYU and I got amazing job for a magazine company."

"And exactly when were you going to tell me?! Were you hoping? That I would never find out? I told you I wanted you close to home. We had a plan" shouted Carey.

I couldn't understand why she so mad! This is my life ! My future! And certainly wasn't hers. And I was going to allow her to take my dream away from me.

"You mean your plans for me?"

" I just don't think it's a good idea! This road trip? Do you really believe that it's going help get your memory back! Just like your visits with Dr. Evans".