chapter 4

In my dreams there's a memory forever locked. I always go back to. Back when things were simpler. A place where I can see the edges of each mountains tops covered in blanket of snow. where the clouds cover revealing the perfect sunrise and sunset each day. Where the lake below sets the perfect stage.  

 Her long, beatiful, brown hair blowing through the wind as she stood drinking coffee. There I am looking up at my mom as I fall backwards onto the large, pillow of leaves. My sisters there laying next to me laughing. It was only memory I could see clearly. It always ends with a gathering of hot chocolate in front of  a fireplace.

 I was awaken out my peaceful sleep. We had arrived at our first rest stop. We could smell the delicious food being cooked at the small resturuant. We headed inside quick meal. We  were seated at a booth and given menus.

 " No calls yet from mom" said Jordan.

Aiden looked down at his phone and says" Lets not jinx it"

  Waitress quickly took our orders. While we waited for our food, I took off to the bathroom. On my way to the bathroom I noticed a few pictures hanging on the wall. There was one that caught my eye. It was picture of my mom and two men. One of guys looked firmuliar.

I took a picture with my phone and headed off to the bathroom. The food was already at the table waiting. The fry chicken and mashed potatoes looked so good. I couldn't wait to dig in.

 I noticed a old woman staring at me. Her spouse was trying to convince her about something. She walked over to our table. and reach for my hand. " you look so much like her. Are you Cali? "

" No. I'm Olivia. I'm sorry you most have me mistake for someone else" I pulled my hand away. her hudspen quickly grabbed her and pulled her away. 

 I could hear her telling her hudspen repeatly that she was sure I was Cali. Aiden suggest we get back on the road. I looked back at her and followed the two out. We got back on the road and head off.  Jordan decided to take over the driving for awhile. Aiden turn back and asked Are you okay?

 " Yeah. I'm fine. She had me confused with someone else." I brushed it off and stared out the window.

  After hours of driving we pulled into cozy motel. Aiden looked back at me and asked Does this place look firmuliar to you?

 I looked around as we got at. at the parking lot. " Should it?" I followed the two inside.

 " We vacation here few nights when we were younger. I thought place might help with your memory" said Jordan.

  Jordan pulls out his id to check us in at front counter. I walked around the small lobby. I walked over to candy jars on small shelve. A memory came to me. I was small girl I barely could reach the  top of shelve. I remember being told I couldnt have any candy, but I didnt listen. I had spilled a whole jar jelly beans and shatter glass all over the floor. 

 " Hey Olivia! we got our key" said Jordan. I snapped back to reality and followed the two. 

 We ended up with two rooms. Jordan and I shared one while Aiden had room all to himself. I threw my bagpack onto the bed. My mom's journal had fallen out. Jordan rushed over to grab it before I had chance to reach for it.

" Give it back its private" I shouted

 " I wasn't going to read it! its pretty journal! here" said Jordan tossing back onto the bed.

" I am gonna go check out the hottub"

" Yeah I'll be there shortly" I replied.

 Jordan headed off to the bathroom to change into her swimsuite. My phone beeped and there it was dred dreaded text message from Carey.

 Carey: did you really think I wouldnt find out? Olivia where are you?!

 I didn't responde. She wasn't going to ruin my trip. Carey needed to understand she doesnt control me and she never will. The five years that I've been living with her all I every done is listen to her and do what she wanted. And never what I wanted. It was time for a change.

I placed my phone on charger and changed into my swimsuit. I walked down the hallway to pool area to meet Jordan. Jordan and Aiden were in competition who could reach the other end of the pool first.

I stuck my feet into pool to test out the water first. The pool heated. I quickly jumped as  came back up to surface I was greater by Aiden.

  " My mom texted she wants you home"

" I know. She text me too. Hopefully you did the same and didn't reply back"

" of course I told her. Your okay and to let you have fun" said Aiden.

Jordan suggested the hot tub. We followed over to the hot tub. It was so relaxing hot jets against my back. I could stay here all night long. I lay my head back and closed my eyes.

After good soak in hot tub. It time to head back to rooms and get ready for bed. We had early start in the morning and a long drive ahead.

Jordan tells me goodnight and rolls over. I pull out my mom's journal. I discovered her last entry page was torn in half only few words could be read

  Its becoming even harder to keep her safe. It's only a matter of time they will figure out. What I've done. I most keep her safe at all cost. Its important that..  the page was ripped. Keep who safe? Maybe there was more details of this mystery girl through the journal. Most importantly what did my mom do? Was she running from someone?

I closed the journal and put into my bag. I closed my eyes and try to drift off to sleep. Something way heavy on my mind.  I couldn't help to wonder what secrets could mom be holding? Was she in danger the night of the accident?