Twenty Two

"I texted her."

Zachary's eyebrows creased while his left hand is holding his phone next to his ear.

"I even tried to call her."

-But Ms. Stephanie forgot her phone last night.-

Zachary bite his lower lip as his hand brushed through his hair.

Stephanie waited for 3 hours while starving for nothing. And on the other hand, Zachary is busy beating his rival in bidding higher worth of money.

"How is she?"

-She's still in her room. I think she's awake but not interested to come out.-

Zachary released a deep sigh. He's the worst husband and he knows it.

"Keep an eye on her, Sean." he hung the call after saying that.

Zachary stood up and watch the city from the glass wall behind his office table.

He let his thoughts rush in his mind as he observe the busy street filled with people mind their business.

He marry a person that's meant to be in prostitution.
Women owned by the Martin are sometimes sold to other people or used as slaves. And Stephanie should be one of them.
But Zachary decided to marry her and save her from that bad luck.

What if I didn't do that?

Will his life be so different?
Will his son be still alive?

Won't I feel so incomplete?

But those thoughts were stopped when someone suddenly tickled his nape.
He throw his head back in discomfort as he face the only person who knows his weak spot.

"Katrina, I told you so many times that you should knock on my door first before you welcome yourself."

"Whatever~" Katrina murmured as she take a sit on Zachary's office chair.

Zachary just took a deep breath as he shake his head. He knows that his words won't work on this lady.

"What are you doing here?" He just asked as he continue to looked down the window.

"Nothing. Just wanna hang out with you."

"I'm busy."

"No you're not."

Zachary looked at her direction.
"And how do you say so?"

But Katrina just answered with a shrug.

"How was last night's bidding?"

"Awful."

"Zachie, you're a douche." She said out of nowhere as she rest her back on the chair.
"Stephie told me what happened last night." She shook her head as she turn the chair to face him.

"What did she say?"

"It was a long story. But to summarized it?" Katrina looked at him eye to eye. "She's hurt."

Zachary's heart started to beat fast like a drum in a metal concert. He looked away as he felt ashamed all of a sudden.

"You always prioritize your business rather than those people wishing for a little attention from you."