Chapter Fourteen

Is he fucking kidding me?

Hinarap ni Natalie si Nixon. "What a great job, bringing the biggest douche on earth." She exclaimed and stared at Nixon's face sternly.

I gaped at Natalie.

Ok? What was that?

"Feisty." Nixon said, looking amused. Imbis na mapikon to sa paninisi ni Natalie.

"And very much taken." Natalie replied and frowned even more.

"Natie?" Gray called her sister's name, surprised by her little sister's outburst.

"You know him?" Tanong naman ni April.

Natalie nodded her head and looked at my direction wearily.

I sighed. "He's my ex." Sagot ko kay April, dahilan para mapatingin naman silang tatlo sakin.

They all have the same expression on their faces.

"You fell for that??" Nixon asked. He looks genuinely surprised.

Unfortunately.

I rolled my eyes. "You're hanging with him because his cousin is quite hot." I said, point blank.

Nixon chuckled. "Fair enough." He said and shrugged his shoulders. "Ok girls. I will push the fox away from the red riding hood." He said and winked at me.

I raised my eyebrow. "So, Sam is the red riding hood?"

Nixon stared at me, there's a glint of mischief and amusement in his eyes. "Real smart." He chuckled and looked at Natalie's direction. "And feisty." He added.

He glanced over his shoulder. "April, too bad, I like one of your babies." Nakangisi na sabi nito bago kami nito iniwanan na nakatanga lang dito.

"What did I say about backing off?" April screamed at him in response.

"He's your ex?" Tanong naman sakin ni Gray na medyo madilim na yung tabas ng mukha.

I looked at April's direction, silently asking for her help.

April sighed and winked at me, discreetly. "Let's dance, honey." Aya nito kay Gray.

"But-----"

April cut him off by dragging him at the dance floor.

"That playboy." Natalie muttered under her breath ng mawala na sa paningin namin sila Gray.

I looked at her, raising my eyebrow. "What's wrong Natalie?"

"Nothing." She said and shrugged her shoulders. "He just rubbed me the wrong way."

"Ahuh." I said, still looking at her suspiciously.

May sasabihin pa sana si Natalie ng biglang sumulpot si Nixon sa likod namin. "He went somewhere else."

"Who?" Nagtataka kong tanong dito.

"Your ex?" Sagot nito habang tumatabi, malapit kay Natalie.

I snorted. "You mean your friend?"

He chuckled. "Sassy." He mumbled. "Want me to get you a drink?" Baling nito kay Natalie.

"I'll just go to the washroom." Sagot ni Natalie ng hindi tinitignan o sinasagot si Nixon.

"Feisty huh?" Sabi nito habang sinusundan ng tingin si Natalie.

"And again, very much taken." I reminded him habang inuubos ko yung laman ng hawak kong baso.

Nixon shrugged his shoulders. "How about you, sweet cake?"

"Taken." Simpleng sagot ko dito kasabay ng pagkuha ko ng panibagong baso sa tray.

Taken for granted.

To my surprise, he stared at my face. "You know your face really looks familiar."

I rolled my eyes. "Another one of your pick up lines?"

He laughed, shaking his head amusingly.

"How did you know Sam?" Pagbabago ko nalang ng usapan.

"Sofia." He replied, looking at the entrance.

I frowned. "You know her?"

"Yes. You know her?" Balik tanong ni Nixon.

Of course, I know her. She's my backstabbing bitch of a friend.

I sighed. "Why is Sam here but Sofia isn't?" I asked, instead.

"They broke up." He replied and again, looked at the entrance.

I gaped at him. "Broke up?"

"Sofia is not even serious with Sam." Parang balewala lang na sabi nito.

"How did you even know that? You're close to her?" I asked, looking at him with stern eyes.

"She's sleeping with me when she's still with Sam." Nixon said, nonchalantly.

My eyes widened and my jaw dropped as I gaped at him. I looked at him with disgust.

"I'm clean, sweet cake. I'm too smart for that." Nixon said, defensively ng makita nito yung reaksyon ko kasabay ng mahina nitong pagtawa.

He is such a whore.

Tumingin ulit si Nixon sa may entrance. "Are you expecting someone?" Nagtataka ng tanong ko dito dahil sa maya maya nitong pagtingin sa may entrance.

He looked at me and nodded his head. "Yes, my cousin."

"Another man whore?" Tanong ko dito kasabay ng pag inom ko.

"My cousin is a she and she's an angel." Nixon said with a smile on his lips.

"Angel? How I hate that word." I muttered, feeling a little bit dizzy.

"You're drunk. Who hates an angel?" Natatawa naman na tanong nito habang tumititig sakin.

"She's coming now?" Pagbabago ko nalang ng usapan.

I might be drunk but I'm not that drunk para sabihin yung problema ng buhay pag ibig ko dito.

"Yup. With her fiancé and best friend." Nixon said with a snort, sa pagtataka ko.

"What's with the snort?"

Nixon looked at me. "It's nothing. Really. It's just that, I always thought my cousin would end up with her best friend. So, imagine my surprise when she and her fiancé made out in front of me on my freaking birthday."

I chuckled, finding the situation amusing. "A birthday present?" Natatawa na suggest ko dito.

Nixon laughed along with me. "I didn't see it coming. Yeah sure, I know that Angel always had a thing for Alexis but it was Ade who was always on her side."

"Angel, Alexis and Adien." I exclaimed, looking at him dumbfounded.

"Yeah, you know them? Oh right, Del Franco Brothers. Hot as me, huh?" Natatawa pa na tanong nito

Is he fucking kidding me?

But before I can regained my composure and before I can find my voice nagsalita na ulit si Nixon. "Oh, there she is." Sabi nito habang nakatingin sa entrance.

"Angel." I heard him say but I can't force my fucking face and feet to fucking move.

The next thing I know, nakayakap na sakin si Angel habang tinatapik tapik nito yung likod ko.

"Embry. What are you doing here? Ade is gonna be ecstatic." Masayang bulalas nito.

"You know her?" Tanong naman ni Nixon.

Angel nodded her head vigorously. "Yup. She's Ade's girlfriend." She answered.

"Ade's girlfriend?" Nixon almost screamed and then he looked at my direction.

"Oh shit!"