Rooftop

(there's a picture on the side)

*NATHAN*

It's been a week since I entered the North Ridge Academy. Since then, a lot of strange happenings took place. Dreams, visions, animal attacks and the painting. Frankly speaking; I was just one step ahead to insanity but the funny thing was, I still couldn't believe that all of these were actually happening right now. It's just too impossible. I was still holding on to the fact that everything was just a mere hallucination.

Regular classes started today and we would be in uniform attire. This was my first time wearing this kind of uniform. A black white-lined coat, black slacks, white long sleeves plus a red tie. Back in Philippines, the uniform attire was just a piece of long sleeves and pants. Nothing more and probably, nothing less. It took quite long for me to wear it. Besides, I didn't feel comfortable wearing such. If I were in a public school, there's no need for me to wear this. Anyway, was there anything else could I do? No, nothing.

I went downstairs to eat breakfast with mother sitting the left side of the table. She's wearing a corporate attire having black coat and white blouse. Mom seemed to look very young. Since then, we had always been mistaken to be siblings. With her being older definitely. I moved to the right side and took my seat. I noticed mom stared at me. I wondered whether something's wrong or up.

"What's the problem?" I glared at her.

"Nothing, I was just stunned with your appearance today. You look just like your father." She chuckled.

"This school uniform is just too tight. I feel like being suffocated." I complained.

"You'll get used to it dear. I tell you, you look hot wearing that stuff." Mom winked her eye.

"Whatever." I rolled my eyes and resumed eating.

There's a different atmosphere in the campus. Maybe, It's because of the uniform attire. I looked anywhere to search for Michael and Rachel but they weren't around. I wondered where could they be. I was also puzzled not seeing the populars. I forgot to say thanks regarding their peace offering. Though something strange happened, I still did enjoy. I was thinking whether to see a psychologist or not due to these weird hallucinations of mine though I had a feeling that it wouldn't be much of help.

History class really was boring. Mr. Sparks did nothing but read, read and read. He do explain sometimes but I just don't understand. I guessed he's not just an effective mentor. Students were having conversations about cliche topics in the classroom when everyone got silent as made my way entering. Seriously, it's not just the ambiance being weird, count the students in. Anne was already in her seat when I entered. Gosh, she's staring at me again. Her purplish gray eyes that looked so good. The uniform attire made her cream white skin pop. Her brunette hair was stylishly curled and her face looked like a precious doll. I coundn't help but smile at her and thank God, she smiled back.

"Hey, you looked really good." Anne started giving complements.

"I've had enough of those jokes Anne. Mom started blabbing such a while ago." I sat on my chair beside her.

"You don't believe on what your mother is saying?" She asked.

"I tell you, mom is the greatest joker I've ever met." I mumbled.

Anne smiled and did not bother responding back. I just realized that a block of ice was formed once again. It really felt awkward around her. There must be something in her mind that was making her quiet and spaced out all the time. If she could just smile consistently, she's way more beautiful that way.

The cafeteria was not crowded when I got there. While still didn't see Michael and Rachel, I took a table beside the glass doors and checked the menu. While turning the page of the food list, someone covered my eyes from behind. It was a warm soft hand.