Painting

*ANNE*

I had to admit that James's friends became quite rude in treating Nathan. Because of his strange connection to James, the group decided to make a peace offering. It's the idea of bringing Nathan to the Ancient House. It's the place where James lived. It had been a while since we visited the building. After the tragic incident, I didn't get the chance to go back.

Honestly, I was not sure whether I'll go with them or not. It's due to the fact that last time, I broke down in tears in front of him. Everything about him reminds me of the man who holds my undying love and affection. I just couldn't stand looking at him.

This day was called Saturday sadness. It was just about the frustrations I had when it comes to moving on from the past. It's really hard to move on. For in the first place, someone repeatedly reminds me of my pain. Moreover, I couldn't leave this place. I didn't want to be with mom. I just want here with my dad.

A text messaged popped in my phone. It's Gabriel Thompson telling me that he'd not be able to come because of the football tournament. He ordered me to inform Judith, her vain girlfriend to tell her because he couldn't reach her through calls. Not so long before I lock my phone, another message appeared. Jell Thomas, he wanted me to come over.

I was facing the mirror thinking hesitantly when I heard noises downstairs. I went outside my room to took a glimpse down. No one's there, Dad left an hour ago. I was pretty sure that the door was locked with an alarm system. I ignored the strange noise and went back to my room. Suddenly, I freaked out when I saw someone swiftly popped right in front of me. It's my best friend David turner. The great writer in black fitted shirt and faded navy blue jeans. He always wore his chestnut brown hair brushed upwards. I could see the naughtiness in his gold amber eyes.

"David!" I yelled. I nearly collapsed with his sneaky moves.

"Sorry." He apologized.

"So what brings you here?" I asked.

"I just want you to tell them that I won't be able to come." He explained.

"And why?" I gave him a puzzled look.

"The writing tournament is near. The Journ Club needs to undergo intensive trainings." David explained.

"Do you honestly have to take that seriously? You will win anyway. Compulsion will do." I chuckled.

"I want a fair play, eye tricks won't be challenging." He laughed.

"Well then, good luck." I gave some words of encouragement.

"Thanks cutie. Anyway, tell them the deadringer is in the optical clinic." David smirked as he landed his nose on mine vanishing afterwards.

David and I were not that close back then. We just had this best friend relationship after James died. For some reasons, James drew my entire attention. After the tragic incident, David was the one who comforted me. At first, I really thought that David was just like James who's stubborn and quiet. He often ignored girls in the campus. He's busy supervising the Journ Club and he didn't have much time hanging out with his group.

He always visited me here at home. But he couldn't come in. Guess what? He's not invited. I remembered the time that he did everything just for me to invite him. He did even bribe me. James was the only one whom I invited inside my house. It's not that I didn't trust his friends. It's his orders.

Until the time came that I finally invited David. That's the first time I saw him very happy to the extent of rushing to my room carrying me. He ripped all my pillows and showered feathers in my room. One thing I remember, David slept in my bed. It was too late when I found out because he had been doing that for so long. He's really clumsy. I've never had a friend like him. David was the confidant I never had in my entire life.