Numb (Chapter 5)

~Chresanto's POV~
So you ever been so uncomfortable that you try so hard to sleep? Yeah that's me. This couch hurts my neck like hell. My back is going to break & I can't sleep through it anymore. I get up & go inside the bathroom quietly so I won't wake Kay. I wash my face & come out only to hear the sound of a light moan.. It's fucking 4 AM. Who's watching porn? Then I hear a moan slip from her mouth and she grips the hospital bed sheets. "Karla are you okay" I say, hoping she'd snap out of it... "Chresanto".. she slipped again.. I think she's having a sexual dream about me! She's getting me aroused cause I felt roczilla poking out of hibernation and that's no good so I called her name again.
~POV Ends~

Chresanto: what the fuck! Karla!

-Karla snoring-

Chresanto: KARLA!

Karla: ....hmm?

Chresanto: you good?

Karla: *sleep talks* yea.... why?

Chresanto: *sighs* you having a bad dream?

Karla: No.

Chresanto: you sure? you need anything?

Karla: I.. need.. yo-.... *falls Asleep*

Chresanto: Karla! ...... Karla! ...... *sighs and Falls Back To Sleep*

-9:34 AM In the morning-

Chresanto: *wakes up to Karla's movement & the Doctors voice as she makes an exit out the room*

Karla: Goodmorning

Chresanto: morning.

Karla: how'd you sleep?

Chresanto: alright.. I woke up in the middle of the night to check up on you! we spoke but you fell asleep!

Karla: aww that was sweet of you! I don't remember saying anything though.

Chresanto: you were probably sleep talking.

Karla: oh

Chresanto: are you okay?

Karla: *looks away*

Chresanto: Karla! talk to me! I'm your BestFriend. You can talk to me!

Karla: Chresanto I'm fi-

Chresanto: don't lie to me!

Karla: *sighs* I don't know...

Chresanto: I said don't lie to me *now getting agitated*

Karla: I'm telling you the truth! I. don't. know. *she raises*

Chresanto: how you don't know what's wrong with yo-

Karla: CAUSE IM NUMB! I'm so numb and I don't know how I fucking feel. I almost died over a worthless piece of shit. An asshole who doesn't deserve not one drop of my tears but here I am. Look at me. In the hospital. I'm ashamed... But I'm done with him. IM DONE CRYING! I DONT KNOW WHO TO TRUST. I GOT ALL THIS SHIT TRAUMATIZING ME AND I DONT KNOW WHAT IM FEELING.. I CANT GIVE YOU AN ANSWER TO SOMETHING I DONT KNOW! IM JUST CONFUSED! *cries*

Chresanto: *hugs karla* it's ganna be okay! it's all going to get better. this will all be over soon! *starts rocking her*

Karla: I'm just stressed

Chresanto: I know you are! *kisses her forehead*

~Karla's POV~
I feel hopeless .. Chresanto doesn't know what he's talking bout! this wouldn't be over soon, and It's not ganna be okay. I'm so sad that my parents weren't even able to come. I know dads be super busy in his trip for Cali but my mother has been so worried and checking up on me. She even told me that she'd be coming trying to come next week from Florida but with everything that's been happening, I feel like there was nothing that can help me... one thing popped in my head! WEED. Hitting the J might help. chresanto smokes weed when he wants or needs it.. which is every day! I remember asking him why he does it and he said it makes you feel good. you have a whole bunch of weight off your shoulders and it's a stress reliever! I told him I wanted to try it but he doesn't want me smoking at all! asking and begging won't hurt! Yet again I can do it alone.
~POV Ends~

-Knock on the door-

Nurse: Hello Karla, You have a few detectives here who want to talk to you *they walk in*

Detective 1: Hello. Karla Annette Paulino Jackson ... Correct?

Karla: yup

Detective 1: aaaand sorry sir what's your name

Chresanto: Chresanto August.

Detective 1: Chresanto, good morning.

Detective 2: what's your relation with Karla?

Chresanto: That's like my sister

Karla: we're close

Detective 1: I'm sorry but unfortunately I may need the room for just a second, could you please wait outside?

Chresanto: sure *leaves room*

-Chresanto's POV-
Not even going to lie. It's obvious that this is about last night & they want to some answers as to what happened. Or an even better one, how did your car get in the water? Another one.. why was there someone unconscious on the ground? Welp cause he deserved it. I'm it's nothing she can't handle so I walk over to a nurse & ask her if she's seen a vending machine. "It's on the 1st floor" she said. Being that I'm on the 7th, Me & my lazy ass got to go allll the way down for munchies. I need a blunt or 5 cause I'm stressed. I walk & reach the elevator & wait till it reaches my stop. It arrives, I go in & press L for Lobby. *classical music playing* .... without Zo everything feels a lot lighter & easy going to be honest... she's..  to overly protective I believe. One time she insinuated that Karla was fucking me. I told her that's crazy and not true, not sure if she believed it but it's not like I never thought of me & Karla. I respect her too much though. I love her. *ding* the elevator opens & the vending machine stands toward the left. I walk over and see mmmmm Hershey's cookie n cream, kit kat, skittles, Doritos, Cheetos etc. & a water bottle vending machine next to it. I pick out mine & Karla's favs then head up. When I got upstairs the detectives were walking out the door. I continued to her room, only to see a distraught ole Karla.
-POV Ends-

Chres: Kay what's wrong?

Karla: *stares silently in disbelief*

Chres: *sits on the edge of her bed* what's wrong, what did the say?

Karla: My father passed away in a car accident.

Chres: *looks at her in shock* Karla... I'm.. I'm so sorry

Karla: *crying* this is too much

Chres: I know. I'm so sorry you're going through this. I'm here!

Karla: *covers her face then wipes her own tears* I want to go home!

Chres: you sure? You have to heal & relax

Karla: I wanna go

Chres: I'll see what the nurse says okay?

Karla: *nods*

*walks out & over to some nurses & He tries to convince them to release Karla today under his supervision*