What is Love? [ONE DIRECTION FAN-FIC]

There I was standing in front of my parents' room. Blood splattered on the wall and the tugging on the bottom of my shirt. Yells, slaps, cries, and shatters were heard and all I did was stare. Was this my life?

There stood my weak mother on the floor with a bloody face with glass surrounding her and a figure that appeared to be my father walked out the door pushing me on the floor. But I did not cry. I did not speak up. Tears were shown and weeping was heard. Mama. Her face with eyes of weak, kind, hurt, and betrayed. As she looked at me she took my small hand. "Mama? What's wrong?" I asked.

"Nothing is wrong. I am just going to take a long nap soon, but I want to say this. I love you, Paine..." Her eyes slowly closed and I could see her body wasn't moving anymore. I wonder how long her sleep will be. What is love?

I exit out my parent's room seeing my father running his hands through his blonde hair. Inhaling and exhaling was all he did including a side of talking to himself. I began to speak having no clue what happened besides the yelling of bad words and long words I didn't understand,"Dada? What's wrong?"

"Everything. You, your mother, me, and the whole fucking world. That is what's wrong." He says raising his voice.

"Why Dada? Mama said she is taking long sleep and she didn't move later." I informed.

My father's eye widened and no tears were shown, but horror was the only thing I could see. He looked at me and went into his and my mom's room. Hearing drawers open and close with glass being tossed around. A few 10 minutes later, my father is out the room with a hoodie and jeans and on his shoulder was a duffel bag. He opens the door looking at me with a serious face,"Paine, you are indeed are a horrible person. That's why we named you Paine. Because you bring pain into everyone's life."

He shuts the door behind him. I head back trying my best to clean up the room hoping that Mama will be happy when she wakes up. I get a little broom sweeping up the pieces of glass into a corner. I scratched myself by accident on my thumb and it started to bleed. I didn't cry trying to not make Mama wake up from the anger I saw in my father's face and even though I didn't really understand his words since I'm a five year old, but I was pretty sure that they were hurtful.

I remembered how Mama always washed the floor with a sponge. So, I got a mini pink sponge from the washroom and found a little pink bucket full of water. Remember how Mama would clean things, I soaked the soap and started to scrub the floor. It was pretty fun and I giggled a lot. It wasn't the same when Mama and Papa was around. I grew very sleepy with no food and milk for me so, I just slept on the bloody bed.

A DAY LATER...

I was about to cry when the doorbell rang, but I remembered what happened last night so, I kept quiet opening the door. I see a pretty lady with long hair. She asks,"Oh! you must be Paine! Have you seen your mother."

"Mama said she is taking a long sleep but Mama's body is not moving." I repeated what I said to Dada.

The lady drops her pretty bag and runs to the bedroom. I shut the door with my little two hands and when I peer into the bedroom, I see her picking up my mother and crying. There's no need. She's sleeping. The pretty lady held my arms then looked into my eyes and asked,"Did you do this Paine?"

I shook my head and squeaked,"Dada did."

She released her grip and anger was lashed out on the wall I just cleaned yesterday. She's breathing heavily and then looks at me, kneeling down in front of me,"Paine, once you get older, I will tell you something, but right now I will be your Mama."

I take her hand exiting the house into the bright light from the house. I find myself in a little booster and I tell her,"Mama, I'm hungry."

She chuckles,"Paine, I'm gonna turn to McDonalds now! Please call me "Mommy" so, you don't get mixed with your real mommy and me. Okay?"

She orders me a happy meal and I munched on it happily. I asked her curiously," Okay, where's Mama?"

"She is going to a proper bed where she can sleep." She says sadly.

"I hope she will wake up soon."

She mutters something I couldn't hear. She continues to drive as I look outside at the pretty trees. We stop by a pretty house. She carries me out of the car and opens the door.

There I see a little girl and boy about my age looking at me curiously. The boy says,"Mommy, who is that?" as he points to me...

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, that's my second fan-fic and hope you enjoyed it!

How did you like the book:

Thumbs up: Hunger Games

Thumbs down: Twilight

In the middle: Divergent

Question of the Chapter (QOC):

What's you favourite book?

Vote, comment, PM me, follow me! Your choice! ~Ashley