Chapter 3: Memories and Questions

(PAINE'S P.O.V)

*BEEP *BEEP* *BEEP* *BEEP* *BEEP*

I wake up in a white room, in a blue bed with things stuck in my hands and arms. It didn't hurt, but I want to get out. Where am I? Who am I?

I move my hand, but something is weighing down on my little hand. I see a boy about my age with brown hair holding me hand. He's asleep, but smiling at the same time. I want to be just like this boy. Gentle and happy.

I snap out of my thoughts and look around. There was nothing. Just beeping and scary things. I don't know why, but I wanted to cry. Before I could move, I felt water splashing on my hands. Little by little. Plop, plop, plop, on my little hands. The beeping from the machine was faster and the water started to plop rapidly. I realized it wasn't ceiling, the boy, or anything. It was me. I opened my mouth and realized that it came from my eyes. I started to cry and cry. Before I know it, a woman comes up to me and hugs me and so, did the boy that was holding my hand. I stopped crying soon after. Their hugs seemed so warm and full of love which made me happy for some reason.

A man in a white coat comes to me introduces himself,"Hello, I'm Dr. Cory. Is it okay if you answer some questions?"

I nod and he continues,"What is your name?"

"Paine."

"Do you know these two young people?"

"I don't know."

"What's your parents' names?"

"I don't know."

"Okay, thank you Paine. I will give a little test later."

I nod as a woman follows the man out the room. I ask the little boy who was staring at me,"What's your name?"

He replies,"Liam!"

(LIAM'S MOM'S P.O.V)

"So, how is she?" I ask. I'm still nervous and scarred from that moment. I bet Liam is too. All of a sudden after a walk in the park, there is a random little girl in a pool of her own blood.

"We will discuss more of the results once the tests are finished, but so far I think she has lost memories all about her parents. She seems so confused about her parents. I'm not sure if she remembers her past and if she lost her intelligence," he says sternly.

I simply nod and he asks,"Does she have any guardians or relatives, Mrs. Payne?"

I shake my head, answering,"No, all I know is that she was on the ground unconscious."

"Okay. Thank you so much."

I nod a thank you and head back to the room where Paine is in. I stop in my tracks and smile when I reach the doorway.