Chapter 4: I Have A Bad Filling About This

Cliche as it may be, if Stiles tried he could probably cut through the tension in the room with a knife. The room had fallen completely silent, that if you listened closely, you could probably hear as Derek's eyes darted between the teen and the agent.

Derek slowly released his grip on Spencer and stepped away from him. He looked over to Stiles in an almost pleading way. It was obvious that neither of them were about to speak, so Spencer took it upon himself to break the ice,

"Care to explain why this man", he all but glared at Derek, "is sneaking up into your room through your window?"

While he may have been exerting a serious mannerism, Spencer was definitely freaking out on the inside because of the odd man that seemed to have some type of relationship with his cousin.

"Uhh..." The teen was at a loss for words so he simply glanced at Derek.

"I came to speak with Stiles. I wasn't aware that he would have company over." Derek tautly spoke.

"Right...I wasn't aware that you associated with Derek Hale." He looked at Stiles.

Lie, thought Derek.

"Uhm, yeah. We're uh..friends?"

"That still doesn't explain the need to climb in through the window." Spencer accused.

"He probably saw the cruiser up front", Stiles grumbled. "My dad doesn't really know."

Spencer nodded, "With good reason I imagine, since he has arrested Hale before. Multiple times."

Both Stiles and Derek grimaced at that reminder.

"I know this may be a bit much to ask, but could you maybe, I don't know, not tell my dad? And could you give us a moment? Please?"

Spencer thought about it and decided to comply with a curt nod. "I won't tell you father this time about your...boyfriend."

"He's not-"

"We're not-"

Spencer only lifted an eyebrow, "I'll be in the hall, you have five minutes." He said before leaving the room.

Stiles waited for Spencer to leave the room to close the door carefully as to not spill the pie he was still holding. He turned to the werewolf and glared daggers at him.

"What the hell were you thinking?!" He whisper-yelled.

Derek just crossed his arms and gave an eye roll.

"Now Spencer is gonna grill me and he's probably still gonna tell my dad and they're gonna be suspicious and-"

"Stiles." Derek cut off the teen's rambling.

Stiles took a deep breath, "Right, sorry. But seriously, why are you here?"

If he noticed Derek shuffling almost nervously, he said nothing. The older man let out a huff, "I was planning on coming over after I was done with Chris, knowing you were probably gonna stay up all night to finish baking", he motioned to the pie in Stiles' hand, "but I saw your dad in the driveway. I didn't know someone else was gonna be here."

Stiles used his free hand to rake his fingers through his hair. He suddenly froze as Derek's words fully registered in his mind.

"Wait. You came over because I was gonna be up all night? You just wanted to hang out, didn't you?" Stiles let a grin fill his face.

"Whatever. I'll just go now." Derek said as he headed towards the window.

Somehow, Stiles was able to grab Derek's jacket before the other jumped out without spilling any of the pie that for some reason he was still holding.