Sway

will you sway with me?

Go astray with me?

His eyes are skyward, closed, framed by dark rings.
The orange lights shine on his face, his hair, gleaming on the buttons of his shirt.
They occasionally turn yellowish.

He didn't want to come to this godforsaken place with its loud music and bright lights.
Booze was being slipped into the punch. People were laughing, people were smoking, people were fitting in.

Jacob, however, stuck out like an extra puzzle piece.

His curly bangs were covering his closed eyes, shielding him from a potential social life. His leather jacket, floral vans and pout were supposed to give off one message;

Don't talk to me.

Still, drunken partygoers would stumble by, hooting a little hello and falling into somebody's arms. And their lips would brush, and they'd giggle. And Jacob would just stand and watch through his bangs, his resting bitch face preventing any slurred apologies.

It worked.
Up until about 2 AM.

Then a curly-haired brunette, giggling, stumbled past the bar to come at a rest beside him.
He was obviously drunk, and Jacob, peering down at him, realized this quickly.

Oh, his eyes.
Brown jewels transformed into amber as the lights flashed, brought out the golden flecks.
They were reddened and this was probably the result of smoking with people at the side of the room far from Jacob.

Smoke curled up into the orange lights from the young adults' lips, fiery clouds of relief. Blue caterpillars and dreams unimaginable unless you, too, breathed the fire.

The orange flames in the boy's eyes were what caught Jacob's attention, and he watched those flames burn for a moment before looking away, his gaze once more skyward and his pout once more on his face.

"Hey?" A Scottish voice uttered. Jacob blinked his eyes open, looking back down at the boy with amber eyes.

"What."

"I'm Enoch." He smiled in a friendly way, slurring his words.

He smirked slightly, closing his eyes against the coloured lights once again. "I'm Jake."

The two went silent, standing there, Enoch looking up at Jake.

"Ooh! I love this song!" He gasped suddenly, grabbing at Jacob's hand. The taller boy's sapphire eyes snapped open and he stumbled along at Enoch's side as he pulled him to the edge of the dance floor.

He looked down at the boy with a small smirk on his face. "You want me to dance?"

"Yeah!" He smiled up at Jacob and the lights went greenish, gleaming in his eyes before returning to the regular patterns.

Jake worked his hand out of Enoch's grasp. "Sorry, hon, I don't do that."

Stubbornly, the boy took both of the taller boy's hands in his own, glaring up at him.
"Just because you don't doesn't mean you can't."