Four

"In order to move on, you must understand why you felt what you did and why you no longer need to feel it."

- Mitch Albom, Five people you meet in heaven.

Ashton's pov (yay)

-

Disgust filled his ears as he heard the familiar venimous sound hearing through the thick winter air. Ashton was currently hot on Aspen's heels eager to get to her before anything happened to her. Her thin sillouette dropped down on to the thick blankets of snow as she weapt and broke down. His instinct was to go and comfort her but at the same time, maybe she didn't want me to. Heck did he honestly  care? He wasn't going to watch a beautiful girl break down infront of his very eyes. Ashton brought her into his tender arms cooeing at her while running his rough fingers through her smooth creamy brown hair. She shook and trembled in Ashtons arms afraid of what was to come. Aspen was lonely and he got that, her parents had left her all so suddenly, her bestfriend had backstabbed her,  he got that too. At least that's what it sounded like. It was six in the evening and it was getting dark. He cradled Aspens  now limp body in his arms and walked home slipping off his coat. Ashtons boots squeaked on the wooden floor of her bedroom as he placed her down slipping her boots of her delicate feet and taking off her flanel jacket leaving her in a black tank top and a pair of dark blue acid wash skinny jeans which he reluctantly pulled off her. He dug around Aspens bag for any signs of something to sleep in. He found some black cotton shorts and slipped them up her tanned legs. She stared carelessly and blankly at the wall infront of her. Her eyes dull and spacey and her face pale and tired. Aspen was tired,  tired of being mistreated and forgotten, all she wanted was an ounce of hope, but sometimes, that was clearly too much to ask for.

"Good night Aspen." Ashton whispered, his frail hand lingering over her body.

-

Ashton woke up to a soft whimpering coming from next door.

"Stop it Lisa." Aspen whimpered. He rushed to Aspen's room in fear of her being hurt, wait, why should he care? Ashton strode back to my room ignoring her pleads to her "friend" to stop hurting her. One more scream shook him out of his conceited phase and he was by her side in a second. He shook her lightly and her eyes darted open as she shot up tears subconciously streaming down her face as she turned to look at the figure who woke her up from her horrific slumber, her face softened and her hand shuffled up to wipe away her tears turning away from him.

"Sorry, did I wake you up?" Her smooth voice cracked at the end making Ashtons heart melt.

"No, not at all, I was awake actually, what was all that about? Are you okay?" He lied.

"Im fine, it was just a small bad dream, nothing bad."She whispered but Ashton didn't buy any of it for a second. Instead of confronting her, he did what he should have done when he put her to bed, he dipped into the bed next to her, taking her into his arms and pulling the covers over them. She was stiff at first, unaware of what to do but after a few minutes her body fell limp in Ashtons arms as she drifted off to sleep bringing him with her.

-

Ashotn brought his lips down onto Aspens forehead as he glanced at her sleeping figure. Her pale green eyes coming to view as her eyelids fluttered open. Aspens eyebrow quirked up as if questioning his soft side, Ashton replied with a smirk as he pulled himself up from the bed.

"Nice dream?" He asked jokingly. When Aspen didn't reply he peered back at her to see her face blank and stiff and her eyes glossy.

"Aspen, I didn't mean it, im sorry." He said cautiously shuffling over to her limp body, he reached his hand out to her and Aspen wanted to flinch away but she found his touch comforting, relatable. 

"Its alright" She whispered.

"Im alright."