five

Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don't know how to replenish its source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of witherings, of tarnishings.” 

― Anaïs Nin

-

Death, how were it to be accomplished unintentionally but with full meaning. Aspen shuffled out of the smoky room, her doc martins clunking against the hard wood floor. She had swung a loose slip over bag on her shoulder which carried her purse. Where was Aspen going at the mere peak of eight am? She had awoken to the stale stench of snow wafting through her bedroom, so now she was seeking a good ole Christmas candle or two from Yankee candle. Aspens eyes widened as she took in the sight before her. Ashton was laying on the couch with some caked up bimbo on top of him sucking his face off while squealing. Ashtons hand roamed to the girls but giving it a tight squeeze. Aspen was completely and utterly disgusted. She didn't know he had a girlfriend. If he did why did he sleep in the same bed as her that night, or bothered to comfort her at all when his girlfriend could have popped up at any time of day. Aspen felt yet again a familiar mere shooting through her heart. So faint like a little bubble in stale champagne. She had let herself loose yesterday, trusting Ashton a bit more but now he was there sucking faces with that.. bimbo. Aspen shot out of the door subtly slamming it behind her out of rage. Tears pricked to her eyes for a reason she was completely oblivious to. Why and how could she feel emotionally attracted to someone she barely knew in such little time. Aspen was completely and utterly pathetic to herself. 

She skidded down the porch steps so fast landing on the last one in a sitting position. She put her face into her hands and let the tears stream down. The tears for her mother, the one she wouldn't have at her wedding to help her with her dress. For her father, the one whom would have walked her down the isle, saved her from all the boys and heartbreak. For Lisa, for how she changed, she wanted the old Lisa back. For Crystal Kweer not being able to be here and comfort her. For Aunt Sylvia, how she left Aspen by herself, but most of all, for the loss of her brother, the loss of Rain. 

-

After a while Aspen heard a high pitch giggle erupt behind her followed by a grunt and the door shutting. The bimbo's faked tanned legs carried her down the steps beside Aspen, glaring at her with a sneer. Aspen had stopped crying at this point and was just staring outwards, blandly to the neighbourhood park. Ashtons heavy footsteps bounded him downwards to the girls car where she stood tugging down at her pink bandage croptop to reveal a little peck of cleavage. As mama said, if you don't got it, don't wear it and this girl definitely didn't have those hills to call boobs.  She leaned forward trying to place a sloppy kiss on Ashtons lips but he leaned to the side letting it rest on his cheek reluctently. Ashton had made the girl leave after hearing Aspen leave. The girl was no use to him, whenever he kissed her he had tried to imagine it being Aspen. Why Aspen? He barely knew her. He was completley dumbfounded at the thought but went with it. The girl scowled at Ashton getting into her lexus speeding away from the curb. Ashton shuffled back to he porch steps where Aspen sat miserably with blood shot eyes. He let out a soft sigh from his tender pink lips taking a seat on the cold wood next to Aspen.

"Why were you crying" Ashton asked after a few seconds.

"I wasn't" Aspen mumbled staring down at her fingernails which carried a dark black color which was now chipped.

"Well your eyes are blood shot red."He questioned.

"It's none of your business" She snarkily sneered back at him shoving herself off of the cold wood steps and onto her feet.

"Why so bitchy?"

"Why so inquisitive?" She retorted.

"Are you jealous?"Ashton snapped.

"Jealous? About what?" She spat back at him with equal sparks of anger.

"Of Amanda."He calmly stated with a faint trace of a smirk.

"That bimbo?Huh. No way hun. You see, what is there to be jealous of? She's fake. If your reffering to the relation she has to you, I dont' see why I would be jealous at all considering the fact that all you are is the arrogant player I made you out to be when my eyes first shot at you. Preposterous judging you at first sight, but Ashton you are a complete utter twat thinking that I would be jealous of that bimbo. What are you playing at? Trying to hurt me eh? Ashton, I have been hurt a vast amount of times. Just saying that would be a major understatement. Im use to having my hopes shoot down six feet under and thats exactly what happened. I don't know who you think you are believing that something like that would enflict me at the merest. Sweetheart you don't know a thing about Karma but let me tell you she's a bitch and when she hits you, you wouldn't know what did." She sneered her lie out spitting out a bitter laugh at his widened eyes. The truth is she was a bit jealous, after the way he treated her. Aspen was now accustomed to having her hopes being shot down so it didn't bother her nearly as much as her parents death. She peered up at him who seemed so oblivious to Aspens heart tearing apart. She wanted so badly for him to hold her but it didn't exsist in her world. Everyone who touch her would disappear, hurt her. Maybe she would be better off left alone.