Flashback or Dream?

Chapter 4: Flashback or Dream?

 "Ugh. Uhm, I'm with the Wildlife Protectorate program and it seems my car has broken down a few miles away from here."I'm lying straight through my teeth. "And I was wondering if I could just stay here. Uhm. Unt-Until the rain ha-"I was interrupted by the tall man who opened the door

"No need to lie to me child. Come in, I just finished making supper." His voice was quiet but strong and demanding. 

"Yes, sir"I walk in and I examine the place for any possible dangers. The inside was bright and filled with what seemed like death. There were pictures of weird creatures on the wall right next to the most beautiful staircase I have ever seen. The walls were Black and different shades of red. A ginormous flat screen TV was hanging on the wall a few yards away.

"Close your mouth" He said in what sounded like disgust. "I'll give you clothes and you can take a shower. You have an hour til you need to meet me in the kitchen. Bathrooms upstairs, down the hall, take a right and then a left and its the 3rd door to the right"

"Thank you, sir" Honestly. I hate keeping up this mannered good girl act but I'm gonna have to for a while. I found my way to the bathroom where there were already towels in there, I turned on the warm water and got in the shower. This has been the best treatment I've had in my entire life. As I get out I look in a mirror, this is the first time I've been clean since my parents died. My hair is now the original red it was instead of the dirt brown color its been for a while. Even my plugs are cleaned, so my gauges look fresh. Then my eyes meet with my reflections eye's, like when I was a kid, I sat there and stared in my own eyes. The only difference is I was happy then and didnt hate my own reflection. I turn away from the mirror,nearly getting whiplash, and change into the clothes that were left on the counter. An over sized One Direction T-Shirt and skinny jeans. It's weird he owns that. I make my way down the stairs and I cant help myself. I sit on top of the banister and slide down. The wind just flowing through my hair without having dust and bugs coming with it was great. Plus while I was in the bathroom I cut myself some bangs just so I could look badass with this shirt. Anyways, when I make my way to the kitchen I see the man again sitting at a long table with some kind of fancy food in front of him reading a book and another plate at the end of the table.

"You're 7 minutes 52 seconds early. Good. Have a seat, enjoy." Said the mysterious man with no emotion in his voice whatsoever.

"Okay?" I take my seat and began to scarf down my spaghetti

"I dont wanna burden you but I wanna ask you a question." Said the man

"Sure thing." Food spaghetti spurting out of my mouth

"I was wondering if you wanted to make a deal? One where you wouldn't have to worry about the hardships of your life. You would have no pain, no more torture of living. Where you could start your entire life over"Said the mysterious man, intriguing me by every word he just said. "I know your entire life. I know about the night when your parents died, everything. I know it was your fault.

"That wasn't my fault! I just wanted to make their day special! I didn't mean to set the house on fire. I didn't know that my parents would sacrifice themselves to save me. Its not my fault. They should've just let me burn!

" You left them in there even though you knew you could save them" This was pissing me off. He's saying this so calmly. " You couldve called for help. You couldve went to a neighbors and call the fire department. But no. You stood outside and watched it burn as your parents screamed your name"

"They didnt say anything to me! I'm so sorry I was shock!" 

"Calm down child. I just want to help you. Sit back down" I just noticed I was standing up and my drink had spilled."I can give you all you need. I'll give you a protector, I'll allow you to start over. A new life. No one in your life will abandon you. You could stay with them forever. You can get vengeance, yet cause peace."

I stared at him for what seemed like hours. I dont know what to do. I want to start over. I need to. My life is hell and right now I'm  criminal back in town.

"So,what do you say?" He asked with the question echoing through my thoughts

                                            ****************************

"Hey, Ashlee. you awake?" Said a familiar voice

"I dont know, am I?" I said. Was that a dream or a flashback? It seemed so real.

"Okay. Well we're landing soon."

"Turkey?"

"Actually we had to take a slight detour..."

"To?"

"California."

"Oh, you little cunt bubble bitch. I know I've said I'm gonna kill you before but this time, I might actually do it"