Chapter 1: I miss you

" My dear friend, I love you"

Those were the last few words I heard him mutter under his breath that day. I will never forget the times we spent together, the silly little arguments we always had, the times when he was always there for me, and the fun times we had spent together.

I would always remember those blue innocent eyes he had, looking straight into mine, making me fall for him even more each second. But then again, how did i even fall for him?

" Hey, stop daydreaming! The teacher's going to call your parents if you keep up with this habit." Almost in an instant, a wave of frustration overwhelmed me.

" Excuse me, just for your information, what I do in class is none of your concern. So, please don't tell me what to do. Thanks."

" It's my concern."

" Who are you? You're not even my brother. Why should I listen to you?"

" I didn't make it a point that you need to listen to me, I was simply stating my opinion ."

My face felt hot. Feeling embarrassed, I turned my back towards him, folding my arms. I lost to him again. Thoughts of possible angry replies were rushing through my mind. I don't get it, why won't he leave me alone?

"Class, you're dismissed, remember to submit your homework tomorrow! " Finally, class was over. Suddenly, I felt someone's hand on my head. Looking up, it was him again. This time I had reached my limit. Glaring at him, I was ready to shout any moment. Just then, he waved at me and left the classroom. I heaved a huge sigh of relief. Who knew what could have happened if he stayed a second longer.

Walking home, I thought about him.Jake has been disturbing me for the past 2 years in class. He often said that he was just trying to help me out. However, I on the other hand, felt that he was being a little too nosey. I mean, we're not even friends in the first place, so why bother?

"Hey! Hurry up and help bring these to your new neighbour, we have to give them a warm welcome." Great, now I have to help my mom out.

Dragging my feet across the pavement, I reached for the doorbell on my neighbour's door. Upon closer observation, there appeared to be a cute and tiny little turtle figure placed just above the doorbell. My attention was immediately captured by cute turtle figurine.

Just then, the door opened.

"Hi, I see you like turtles too."

"Yes! We should hang out together and visit the aquarium... ..." My voice trailed off as I found myself looking straight into a familiar pair of innocent blue eyes, those of which belonged to Jake. Is this a joke?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~