Settling in

Skyler's POV:

I just landed in LA, the blistering heat shocked me as soon as I stepped out of the plane. I was quick to collect my bags and call an uber, eager to see my penthouse in person. I'd insisted on not having a penthouse, feeling it was too much however my father insisted that if I was going to be home most of the time I should have the luxury of living comfortably. I guess he is right, I would be home most days editing and shooting videos, and I mean there's not much a 16 year old can do in LA.

I look up from my phone and see that my uber driver has arrived, I quickly step in whilst the driver kindly offers to put my bags into the car. The drive from the airport to my apartment was quite long. I pulled my camera out of my bag ready to start vlogging again but hastily put it away after seeing the judgmental look thrown at me from the driver. Instead I chose to fall asleep, this time to 'Sweatshirt' by one of my favourite artists, Jacob Sartorius. I smiled gently, thinking of the possibility of meeting him in LA.

I was abruptly awoken by the passenger side door being yanked open by the driver, I looked up confused but quickly understood it was because we had arrived. Still, he didn't have to be so rude, just wait until I give you a bad rating on the Uber app Mr. Frostilsnout- he must be Norwegian.

The driver had already placed my bags by my front door, so I stepped out of the car and walked up to the door. I took the elevator up to the top floor, and entered my penthouse apartment. My jaw quite literally dropped when I saw just how big and luxurious it was. I knew it would be nice but I was not expecting this.

A lady -who I can only assume was a maid stepped out from the kitchen and offered to help me with my bags

A lady -who I can only assume was a maid stepped out from the kitchen and offered to help me with my bags. I quickly dismissed her however, finding it weird living with a random lady doing my chores for me. I know most people would do anything to have a maid but I didn't grow up with one and felt more comfortable without a complete stranger in my house.

After vlogging my entire apartment I started to settle in and unpack my clothes and essentials into my walk-in closet. I never thought I would have the luxury of saying, let alone owning a walk-in closet. I faceted my dad who was currently in New York on a business trip. I won't bore you with the logistics of the conversation.

After spending about an hour or two unpacking my stomach started to rumble. I only now realised I haven't eaten in quite literally hours. I didn't quite want to go out onto the streets of LA whilst it was dark as I didn't know where anything was, so I called a postmates to deliver food. Of course I ordered from chipotle!!

I checked myself in the mirror ensuring I was looking relatively okay, wanting to look at least a little presentable for my postmate. Luckily I don't have to worry about much as I look a lot like a tumblr girl -not to seem self absorbed or anything-. I have ocean blue eyes, a curved nose, full heart shaped lips and beach waved blonde hair. I was wearing a grey Jacob Sartorius top with high waisted acid wash shorts and converse, my hair was in a messy high ponytail, the long beach waves flowing down my back. I wear minimal makeup as my skin is clear and my eyelashes are naturally long and curly.

*ring ring* I ran to the door opening it to find

**********************************************************************************************

Hahaha sooo sorry for the boring chapter-next one will be better- hope you guys enjoyed the cliffhanger hahaha!!!11!!1!!1!!! Ugh omg every time I do exclamation marks these '1's appear if any1 knows how to turn that off pls let me know thanks!!1!!1!!!11!!!111!!1

Lemme know what y'all think of the chapter, vote and comment!!11!!!1!!1