Love.

It is autumn and the town's discotheque is open. At one o'clock in the morning the place is jumping. Groups of friends go down the street, into the plaza, and gather together. At  the entrance of the discotheque, there is a queue to enter and some try to sneak pass the doorman without paying, but the doorman is vigilant.  "Girls enter for free, but boys pay," says the man. The ladies' toilets are always occupied. The pupils of the eyes are illuminated by the black light and the music is blasting out.  In the street there are dogs fighting as there is a bitch on heat. Suddenly a famous Spanish dance music is heard and encourages the girls to start dancing. The only ones left alone are Alberto and Laura and he says to her,  "Do you know what I see? People in a trance, mindless. I would like to go to be like that. Do you understand? Really?" Laura, who thought his drink had been spiked, said,  "Thats a good idea for sure. Don't you have enough girlfriends here?" "They're all dogs", he said very sarcastically, "and there is nothing here to arouse my interest." Laura and Alberto continued their discussion.  "My dog is so handsome and loves to go with bitches! Then people said they have seen him and I did not believe it, but would go out to look for him. A few days later he returned home, bruised. From all the dogs he has had to fight. When he was healed, he didn't care to bark, nor even pursue the alley cats on his street."  " You have to understand, I cannot stay here. I am going to work in Salamanca, and see if I can learn something, enjoy some freedom. Get some ideas, satisfy my desires, and if I do not try to fulfill them, I will feel miserable. In my mind, the principles that were taught to me when I was small are slowly being lost. I don't know why, but I need to think and fill my empty head with solutions to problems that I do not even know if they exist!" "Sure, its perfectly natural", she sighed, resignedly, and was silent. "Okay, I'm going home." Alberto left the party.  

He passed the poplar trees that were turning yellow. "Falling leaves and falling stars, let me see and believe that I can reach them. All I ask for is my imagination to be kept alive, even though all my time is occupied the entire working day.  Ignorance protects my soul. Ignorance of the world and ambition. Ambition, which will open the world and the heart. 

When Laura arrived home, she started to pack her suitcase without really knowing why. 

"What is an adolescent?" Its a man with a mind of a child. Where? And in what way? A lot of confusing ideas, wanting to do something and not being able to, wanting to understand and not being able to. An adolescent is an educated child in a world where ethics and destiny are not the same, because what the books teach you is not what is real life. Adolescence is an imbalance. What society has planned economics cannot follow. It is an unknown. You reach for the universe as it disappears.  

........... 

There is a commotion in the gallery bar, people, people, people. Waiting for their coffees are Alberto, his father and the fruit seller. Alberto suddenly felt chilled to the bone when he saw Laura with her mother. He felt totally senseless and was completely deaf to the sermons of his father and felt such anger and guilt towards himself. Little by little he overcomes his emotions. In so destructive a turmoil as he is going through, he reaches a point that he senses something positive has to happen. The waiter does not cease to talk, "Well, my affectionate nephew has given the field, not content with his tractor, the mechanical mule, I call it. Not a healthy environment." "Take a seat, Laura",  Alberto rose and offered his seat. "Thank you," she answered.  "Don't worry, I am more comfortable standing."  Every night, Laura delivers a sandwich to her uncle who is a guard at the train station, always lying on a couch. Laura wakes him and joins him as he gobbles up his dinner. Afterwards, they go to the canteen and he invites her to some refreshments. Laura then goes to the square.  Alberto arrives with some people who are very conspicuous and sits down beside Laura, like he is always accustomed, but now, free of his emotional conflicts, feels more than ever the need to love her. He blamed himself for being away from her and asked her to leave with him. Laura is filled with happiness.   During the night, when her mother saw the suitcases of her daughter, her face crumbled. Until that moment she never comprehended her daughter would leave one day. The day being stamped on her heart, feeling as if God had taken a piece of her flesh from her, began to speak,  "Lord, you understand that the closest thing to me is also the most valuable thing I have, how can You do this to me?" ..... Nothing is eternal. Everything changes, including the concept of evolution. It was not understood, but now is a reality. Where is Jesus? Where is the strength I need? I have never asked you for anything until now, because there is so much grief in the world, more than arrogance, but I will really pray that you give my daughter wisdom and peace. I ask that of you with audacity, Lord!" "Tell me, What am I thinking?" "As a child, I saw God as righteous and now He doesn't see my soul. I am talking to you!" What am I missing....Fear of God....Fear of God is a human conditioning. What is a soul without a mind? What is a mind without illusion? What is an illusion without hope? What is hope without love? What is a soul without bread? What is peace without bread? What is bread without love?