Chapter Two

My head snaps in the direction of the voice. A tall, handsome (very) man streaks through the lines of people. I recognize him from somewhere, but I can't put my finger on it.

He jogs up to me and the security guards. "Don't touch her! Why aren't you giving her a chance to audition?" the attractive stranger asks the security. I notice he has a strong British accent. The host shakes his head.

"Well, Mr. James, I'm not sure if you've noticed, but she's hideous!"

Tears fall from my eyes in a steady stream right now. I hold my head in my hands as my back racks with sobs.

I can't control it. My whole life has fallen apart. There's nothing I can do now. There's nothing to live for.

"Let her audition. Now. This isn't fair to her." The stranger growls, teeth clenched. Mr. James, that's what the host called him. Mr. James... Mr. James..... oh my god, Theo James.

I try to look up at him but I can't see through the tears. I feel an arm wrap around me. A strong one.

"I'm sorry, Theodore, but she is hideous and weak and will never suit any part in this movie. And because of your little... interference, you will not be permitted to audition or set foot in this building again. Are we clear?" The furious host yells.

"Gladly." Theo says and leads me out of the building as I sob into my hands. I feel his eyes on me. He doesn't know what to say. Who would?

I can feel myself walking. I have no idea where, I'm crying too much. I'm such a wimp, I need to get a grip. We gradually sit down on a a bench and I cry until I can't really cry anymore.

I can feel his eyes on me. Is he concerned? Why would he be? He's extremely attractive and basically every girl in the world wants him. Why would he be concerned about a broken, scarred girl?

Finally, the tears subside. I can look up at Theo finally. Oh dear lord, he's gorgeous. His eyes are an intense dark brown, his dark hair his curly. I'm staring, and I can't help it.

He smiles a little bit. "Are you alright?" He asks. There's that low British accent again. I start to say yes, but tears start streaming down my face again.

"N-no..." I stutter through thick tears. He doesn't know how to comfort me. He starts to reach his hands out to embrace me, but then he hesitates and drops his hands.

It's at least ten minutes before I stop sobbing. I sniffle and look up at Theo. He's really tall, at least 6 ft.

"What's wrong?" He asks in his low British accent.

"I'll never be an actress..... I cant.... because of... him." I say in between loud sniffles. He hands me a tissue from his pocket. I crack a small smile in thanks. I blow my nose and look back at Theo.

He touches a scar on my arm. I flinch away at his touch, memories of Eric flashing before me. Theo looks at me, concerned.

"What happened?" he asks. His big brown eyes show genuine concern, and I can't imagine why.

"H-he hurts me...." I say almost inaudibly. Theo furrows his eyebrows, as if asking me to explain. I don't know why, but I feel like trusting him. It's just hard to get the words out.

"His name is E-Eric... I've been in a relationship with him for a long t-time. It was amazing the first few months, but then he started forcing himself on me, beating me, hitting me.... a-assaulting me. I've always wanted to be an a-actress.... but he always shot down my dream, forced me to do... t-things." I explained. He thinks about it for a few seconds, his forehead creased with thought.