Prologue

Authors Note: Hello everybody! As you all might not remember, four years ago I had created a story on this website, a story that slowly climbed up the numbers and a story I would never forget. However, I deleted that story and everything but its plot was erased from my mind, funny huh? As such, I wanted to re-write that story mainly because of my recent interest in Fairy Tail again, seeing as how it's close to ending, and I felt a surge of nostalgia thinking of the story and how well it could've gone if I were to have kept it.

This story is a crossover between Fairy Tail and A Certain Scientific Railgun. Please excuse the slow updates however as I really need to freshen up on Railgun and I'm just waiting for Fairy Tail to end, as how I'm pushing this story to continue after its final arc. If Nalu happens, I will completely disregard its existence and continue on with the pairing that I have in mind.

                 --------------------------------------

               A Certain Scientific Railgun

Academy City, a futuristic city consisting of technology twenty to thirty years above anything in the outside world. Its population consisted of roughly twenty-three million, half of them being students. Academy City was, in a sense, a science experiment still in the works. Everything in it relying on technology. It was a thriving city, ready to grow more and more each day.

In this city, resided Espers. People with powers not exactly classified as "Magic", but not something classified as a trick of the eye either. Roughly eighty percent of the population had Esper powers, each belonging in different rankings. Level Zeroes were the normal ones. The people who did not have the qualifications for their Esper abilities, or either developed them later in their life. Level One's were Espers who had revealed that they were indeed capable, but did not have the control or strength to further their abilities. Level Two's had slightly more control and power, but aside from that didn't differentiate from Level Ones. Level Three's were the Espers who started showing more control and even started showing different takes on their abilities. Level Four's were the espers who showed that their control over their abilities was near perfect, albeit showing some slight differences from time to time. The Level Five's were the ones who showed absolute perfect control, coming with different ways and controlling their abilities to make amazing differences to them and the environment around them, such as Electromasters creating blackouts and lightning to form.

However, among the eighty percent, only seven Level Five's were recorded in Academy City, the top ranking Level Five basically being a toy for the scientists.

Many people wanted their hands on the power the Level Five's possessed, thus doing anything in their power to try and strip them of it. Or control them and heighten their power capacity to the unheard of Level Six. Only one Level Five had the displeasure of harnessing the power of Level Six.

Mikoto Misaka, the third ranking Level Five and most powerful Electromaster Academy City had in its ranks.

Academy City had everything people could want. The outward appearance of peace and prosperity it brought to the people that resided in it clouded many of the population's mind and not once did they think of a world ever existing outside their perfect utopia. A world consisting of wars and deaths that did not hide itself, but presented itself like a golden trophy. A world where the term "Esper" was replaced with "Mage". And a world consisting of these mages, people who held power beyond the simple ranking of Zero to Five.