Chapter One - The Week After

In the Kingdom of Fiore...

Fairy Tail, the current number one guild in Fiore, was as rowdy as it usually was. Tables were flying, bodies were sliding down walls, and the floors were slowly chipping off. The guild master, Makarov, was slowly feeling his soul fly away from him, as he watched his precious guild hall being destroyed by his children.

The brawl continued as Makarov slid off of the railing he was previously sitting on, lying lifelessly on the floor, face pale and soul visibly flying out from his mouth. Mirajane ran over to him as a table narrowly missed her head, crying dramatically over his state. 

"Master!" 

"Mira be careful," Lucy called out, wincing as a beer mug made its way onto Mirajanes head, knocking her out. "It always happens."

"Poor Mira." Levy sweatdropped, watching as Elfman came over and freaked out on how a 'real man wouldn't hit a defenseless girl like that', and stormed off looking for the person who hit his sister, stepping into an ongoing fight between Natsu and Gray. "Poor Elfman."

"It's nice to see the guild like this after the whole Alvarez fiasco, but I really hoped they would keep it down a notch to heal their wounds," Lucy said. Levy looked over at Lucy and smiled.

"It's a good thing you're resting, Lu. Fairy Sphere must've taken a big load of your magic from you during that whole thing."

Lucy laughed, her face red from embarrassment. "It did take me two days to recover most of my magic, and even now I'm still recovering. It's a good thing I'm not as stubborn as Natsu. He's even brawling a week after."

Levy smiled as she finished her last sip of the milkshake Mira gave her, said girl returning to them with a small bump on her head.

"So Lucy," Mira started. "I heard Natsu confessed to you after his fight with Acnologia. What did you say?"

Lucy tensed and turned beet red, being reminded of the situation between her and Natsu. After Natsu fell down from Acnologia's Dragon Realm, he had pulled her aside from everyone else while they were walking back to the guild. 

He looked down, face tinged with red. Lucy stared at him confusingly as he burrowed himself deep into his scarf. "I um.."

"What is it Natsu?"

"I...," He refused to meet her eyes as he stared down. "I have something really important to tell you, so could you not say anything?  I don't want you to ruin the mood."

Lucy felt some anger form in her, "Yeah."

He took in a deep breath and stared at her. "Lucy, I like you. I like you so much that whenever I think of leaving you alone for one second I get irritated at myself for thinking of worse case scenarios that could happen to you in such a short time. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you're weak. You're really strong and often I look up to you because of how strong you are. I'm not just saying this because I don't want you to go Demon Mode on me.-" Her eye twitched. "You're incredibly strong Lucy and you drive me to be the best I can be. Whenever I see that determined look in your eyes I can't help but smile and think to myself, "That's the woman I love". I'm sorry for leaving you all by yourself for a year, but after Tartaros, I couldn't help but beat myself up thinking of the things you went through and how, if I were stronger, I could've protected you and stopped Jackal before you had to give up Aquarius. That's why I left and trained, deciding to myself that once we get to the guild, I'd confess. But then this whole thing happened and here we are."

He grinned at her, eyes forced close. "So?" 

Lucy gulped and stared at him, hoping that he wouldn't open his eyes. "I'm sorry Natsu."

His grin faltered and turned into a sad smile, eyes closed. "It's okay. I just wanted to tell you, to get this off of my chest."

"I.." Lucy stared at him as he opened his eyes, tears falling. He went to her and hugged her.

"Just promise me we won't stop being friends over this, okay?"

"I promise."

"I rejected him" Lucy stared down at her lap as a momentary silence fell over them. Levy hugged her, and Mira held her left hand. 

"It's okay Lu."

They stayed in that somewhat huddle before Lucy shook her head and sat up straight. 

"It's all okay! He and I are still best friends." She smiled, "Although I can feel his pain. Being rejected by someone you like is harsh. I'm just glad we never stopped being friends."

They continued chatting for a while, not noticing Makarov near them, having heard everything. He smiled sadly for Natsu, before picking out a letter from his pocket. He stared at Lucy, before hopping off of the bar and walked into his office, stopping the fight on his way. 

A month. He opened the letter for the fifth time, sighing. I'm sorry for putting this on her, but she's the only capable one.

-------

Authors Note: I'm sorry if Natsu was a litttttlllleleeeee bit OOC, but whatever man. I hope everyone will be okay after this week. Goodbye Fairy Tail ;^;. Also I am sooo not changing this fuck that man. There's no definitive word for Acnologia's worl, as its only called "His World", but I gave it a name anyways. Cya after FT ends!