My ending

( please turn on the music for a better reading experience )

It was 2:00 am and Talon couldn't sleep. He wondered if he was developing a case of insomnia lately

Or was it anxiety getting in the way of sleep ? Maybe depression ?

Talon never really felt depressed. He didn't know that feeling. But he found out all at once the moment he received Cadis progress.

He wouldn't make it.

Talon couldn't cry. He didn't smile either. He felt like he still didn't give him enough. He felt like he was too late. And his mind was filled with "if onlys"

If only I showed him more love

If only I wasn't carried away by Dax

If only

If only...

Talon visited Cadis in the hospital a lot. He would hold his hand or watch him sleep. Most of the time, Cadis was really tired. So Talon would kiss him on the forehead and leave. Sometimes stay in the hospital till morning.

Till one of the nurses would ask him to leave. As time passed, it was harder and harder for him to leave Cadis side.

And as time passed the more he felt the need to hold Cadis hand. To caress him. To give him small kisses on his cheek and show him he was there

One particular day Cadis let his hand run through Talons brunette curls as he asked for him to lean closer. Cadis hesitantly kissed Talon but Talon wasn't afraid to return the kiss. Gently not to hurt him. Yet fiercely conveying all of his emotions.

When they pulled away Cadis rested his face in the crook of Talons beck

Cadis twisted Talons curls in his fingers till his hand would slowly go still and his breathing would turn into small puffs of air.

The fingers that were acrylic stained were pale and bony. The all black clothing turned into the paper clothes the hospital provided.

His hair was thinner. But Cadis was still Cadis. And Talon loved him all the same. More and more

It was 2:00 am and Talon was thinking of all these little moments as he played with his wild curls. Tomorrow he would take Cadis to the sea. Hopefully he would make him happy one last time.

Talon rolled on the other side of his bed facing the wall. He shuddered and hugged himself. He was cold. So he pulled up his blanket and wrapped it around him

Few moments later he thought, blankets couldn't warm the ice in his heart. The coldness he felt inside.

+++

He helped him sit in his wheel chair and slowly made his way out of the hospital. Cadis had a serene yet very sad looking expression on his face

Talon couldn't smile. He didn't know but now he had realized, he hoped Cadis would make it. That what he said was a mistake. That there was a cure.

Now he knew there was no such thing

"So where are you taking me?" Cadis rasped and Talon simply shook his head as he slowly rolled the wheel chair