five

i turn on my summer spotify playlist and dance a little around my room, getting my suitcase on my bed. i walk to my closet and stare at my clothes. this is exactly why i need to start packing early.

i take out clothes that i don't wear so often and fold them, putting them into my suitcase.

riele's text tone goes off. i grab my phone.

riele
did you see jace's tweet??

i reread the text and go on twitter. i scroll down to the 'in case you missed it' section.

@Jacenorman: don't you love it when your brother gets into your relationship business?

"oh jeez," i mumble to myself.

maggie
...jfc

i go back to the tweet and look at some of the responses.

are you and mags ok?

everything going alright with you two??

did xander steal maggie?

so you're single now? date me!!!

i sigh and roll my eyes at the two last responses.

riele
girl...you need to fill me in

i take responsibility for your relationships too

maggie
well, at lunch today jace suggested we share a room in hawaii together so xander and nate tried to stop us so now it seems like it's pretty impossible

ig i'm mad x and n made a big deal about it but i just don't know why he had to tweet about it it :')

riele
that's all? damn girl, i was afraid for you two...plus subtweeting is how he unleashes his emotions. he's pretty out there when it comes to that stuff lmao

maggie
hahah ig so

riele
i just need to ask..do you personally want to share a room with him? bc if you don't, then don't

i reread riele's text and sigh. i really would like to share with glory, but i also want to share with jace. only, it's practically forbidden at this point.

maggie
i mean, i really wanna share with glory. i hardly get any time with any of my girlfriends and this would be good for me. but i want to share with j as well, ig it would strengthen our relationship? but it would go against what our parents want and i don't wanna cause drama or anything

riele
maggie this is some romeo and juliet shit lmao..just do what your heart says and no one is wrong

maggie
u right u right
gtg pack (or i'll do it the day before i leave oops) ttyl

i throw my phone down and continue to pack.

//

after nearly half an hour, i've packed my suitcase so it's half full. i prop my hands on my hips and look pridefully at my work.

i zip it up and place it near my closet. i pick up my phone again and lay down on my stomach, facing my headboard.

suddenly, someone opens my door. i whip my head to see who was there. my dad stands there, his hands in his pockets.

"jeez dad, thank you for the near heart attack," i say, sarcastically.

dad chuckles as he steps in. he glances my suitcase and his eyes widen.

"no way has the maggie i know already start to pack," he says.

i smile and roll my eyes at him.

"well, surprise! what's up?" i question.

whenever dad walks into my room, it's because he wants to talk about my love life. i quietly brace myself for what he was about to say about my boyfriend and i.

"well, about rooming arrangements," he starts.

"dad, i'm staying with glory. it's no problem," i say, hoping that he'll stop talking about the whole bedroom fiasco.

he nods. "i'm glad you've settled with that offer. i have another one for ya," he says, sitting at the end of my bed, looking out the window.

"yeah?" i ask. is he actually going to allow jace and i to share a room? no, that would be too far.

"well, scott texted me because it was really getting to jace. we agreed that a late yet reasonable curfew would be a fair thing, whaddya say?" he suggests, looking back at me.

i slowly nod my head. "what do you mean by curfew? y'know, since neither you and mom will allow two teenagers out of the house in a foreign place," i ask.

"you can be anywhere together around the house until 11:30 each night," he says.

"okay, i can live with that. i don't know about jace, though," i respond, smiling.

dad shakes his head and bows it, smiling as well.

"well, it was his father's idea. we'd rather have you guys be worried what you want to experience first on our trip, not where you sleep at night," he says, patting my leg and getting up.

i nod and smile in response.

"oh, and good job on packing so early. maybe you can teach nate?" he suggests.

"yeah, slim chance, dad."

--