chapter 2

After the accident, everyone that I saw was followed by the beast who was about to attack, or sow I thought. Jason had asked me more than enough times to go and see what my problem was because things were coming in pieces not in a whole. He was worried, I could tell, other people could tell as well.

Days came then months and I still hadn’t gone to see what was happening, but when things come I wrote them down to piece them all together and to tell Jason. He was a really big help. The only thing that I couldn’t figure out was if he was really putting the things I told him into perspective. Each time that I told no to him about going to see him it got clearer to me that he wasn’t and that we were slipping further apart. All that I could think about was could he tell to? Did he even care?

SIX MONTHS AFTER THE ACCIDENT

Jason started looking at me weird and I thought we were through, but maybe I was wrong. Jason was first to leave in the morning, but he always left a note or sent a text telling me that he loved me and when he would get off work or come home from class. We haven’t really talked in almost a week or two. He is always hiding in the office with the door locked and whenever his phone rings and we are together he walks out of the room, but before he would not even answer it. The weirdest part is that when I knock on the office door he pretends he not in there or he moves stuff around and turns stuff on and off before he opens the door. I had a feeling what was going on but I didn’t think he would be like that. Jason was hiding something and there was a possibility that it was another girl, that I knew.

Jason walking through the door awoke me from my day dream and I snapped back running towards the door I jumped into his arms and leveled myself out to give him a kiss, all I needed was to feel the familiar sparks that fly when we kiss. We stood there until I heard his bag fall to the ground and he tries to put me down but I hold onto his neck. There is no way that he is going to get past cheating on me that easily. We walk over the couch where he sets me down next to him and we pull apart. Why did he pull apart?

“Hey, what was that?” Jason asked me and I looked into his eyes he had the familiar dark sad looking eyes that he had, before my accident. I love that look.

“I love you and you used to always bring me up when I was down I was wondering if you were still in love with me the way I am with you. When you walked into the house the only thing that I wanted to do was reach up and give you a big kiss, so I did.” I said and moved closer so that I could out my head on his lap like I used to do before we got like this. The only thing that I wanted was to be like that again, to have the relationship that we used to have.

“ all you had to do was ask about it. I will always love you and everyday I was hiding I thought that we were drifting apart so I decided that if I wanted us to stay like we were before that maybe we needed new surroundings, so I got these.” he answered playing with my hair. When he stopped talking he reached into his pocket and pulled out a key chain with a lot of stuff on it, seconds later he replaced his lap with a pillow and got up. He walked in front of me and got down on one knee. “ I know that we are already married, but maybe it is time to renew our vows and I thought that a brand new ring would be helpful with this, so take off the old one and put it in the kitchen box, this is your new one and I hope you love it just as much if not more.” he says and I am literally in tears, he reached into his pocket and grabbed out a new red velvet box that had the British flag over the top of the lid. He opened it and inside there was a beautiful ring that had three big diamonds on the top of it and on the inside there was a strip if paper rolled that said “Go upstairs and pack a bag that has enough clothes for two weeks and make sure to have a couple pairs of jeans along with it. Also pack some fancy stuff too, don't forget anything and remember that you need to have all your toiletries.” I ran up to the master bedroom and Jason ran up and followed me upstairs. He grabbed four suitcases for me and him. I ran to the bathroom first to get my makeup and toiletries, if I need to be gone for two weeks I might need all of my toiletries. I go to my closet and grab five pairs of yoga pants, three pairs of leggings and a bunch of jeans. Then I remember the note, also pack some fancy stuff, I go to my fancy stuff in the closet and grab a few sundresses and some skirts with fancy shirts. There are only a few more dresses and things in the closet so I grab them too. I go out and get the rest of the things I need to put into the suitcases, rather than the hamper that I have been putting the things that I grab in. When I go to the bed and start laying out the clothes and putting them in each of the cases, I counted out my pants I have 8 pairs of yoga pants some loose and some tight, six pairs of leggings, and at least ten pairs of jeans. I make outfits with the pants and shirts and lay them into the suitcases and put shoes into another bag. I remember my cowboy boots and hat I love wearing them both so I wont ever leave them at home when I go on a trip. I went to put my dresses in the larger suitcase when I came across a key chain with five general keys and a car key, each key had a spot for a name on it. I put the keys into my pocket and lifted the divider in the suitcase and there was a paper and a map in it. The paper was a picture of the house we live in right now with a for sale sign in the corner, the map was a road map with the roads to La on it, I remember this trip. I folded the papers and put them into the pocket on the front of my other suitcase, I lied all of my dresses under the divider and put my skirts and shirts on the top. The only thing I could think about was the keys and why we were packing this stuff and where we were going, I zipped the last suitcase and ran back into the closet where Jason was looking at his shirts I went and grabbed his black t-shirt a pair of jeans and handed them to him.

“outfit one,” I grabbed another pair of dark jeans and a nice black vest and gray shirt, “outfit two,” I grabbed a bunch more outfits and then grabbed the keys out of my pocket and showed them to him, “ did you mean to put these into my suitcase?” I tossed them at Jason.

“ Yeah I got them because I don’t know if you have noticed that we have been drifting apart so I got this not only to last for a day or two or even a week, but for as long as we are together and as long as you live. Each of these keys are to a different thing. There is one outside, but otherwise you will have to wait. Now where are your bags?” he asked and I was once again on the verge of tears. I jumped up and grabbed around his neck to give him yet another kiss this time going deeper and he pulled me up against him. Jason is the love of my life and I know that if I ever lose him I wont be able to live. When we started walking we both stopped kissing each other and looked around Jason leaned into my ear and told me that we had to go to the airport otherwise we will be late. I looked at my alarm clock 7:00 we must be taking the eight-thirty red eye to where ever we are going.

I grabbed my bagss and took off running down the stairs. When I reached the bottom I looked up at the love of my life on the top of the stair case and started laughing. Jason was standing at the top of the stair case looking at the floor. I assume that he was trying to figure out how I was able to run down the stairs with all my bags and not fall at the same time. I ran up the stairs and grabbed his bags to carry them down stairs. If we wanted to leave we would have to hurry because we haven't even eaten yet. Man this night was going to go terrible.