Chapter Three

Chapter 3

The camp was huge. When I say huge, I don't mean just simply 'big', I mean two-football-stadiums huge, and there were cabins and tents and small buildings everywhere.

The camp was also right by the ocean and I could smell the saltiness of the water. It was a lot different than the Pacific Ocean, but the lingering smell was the same.

Gregory guided me to the administration building where I had to officially sign in. The guards there looked extremely strict, but the woman working the computer was nice and had a huge smile on her face.

"Hello, Greg. And this must be Vienna's granddaughter, oh what was the name again, sweetie?"

"Jenna, but call me Jen." I smiled back at her.

"Oh of course, Jen, you are a beautiful girl, you know. You remind me of Vienna when she was a young girl in so many ways it's insane."

That wasn't exactly comforting to hear. Being compared to my grandma Carder was more of a downgrade than compliment, but it was evident that wasn't what she intended so I just smiled again and bid her a thank you.

"Okay, I'll get someone to guide you to your room. Hannah!" She called, and a woman, probably in her early twenties, came out of the back room.

"Yes, Marge?"

"Do you mind showing Jen here her cabin?"

"Sure thing. Follow me."

I walked out of the administrative building with her and she started to lead me down the path where the cabins were.

"So I'm Hannah, and obviously you are Jen."

"That would be me, it's nice to meet you."

"You too. Just let me warn you about a few things. This camp isn't exactly what the brochure claims it to be. Sure, there are actual genuine kids that come here, but a lot of dangerous people also come. I'm not trying to scare you or anything, because I'm sure you'll be fine. I'm just trying to give you a warning."

"Why do you care so much?" I asked.

"I'm Gregory's granddaughter, so we're basically cousins. I care, Jen."

Well that sure wasn't what I was expecting.

"Oh." I said simply, then kept my mouth shut as she lead me to my cabin.

"You'll be staying here with two sisters, Valerie and Anna. They're great, I met them earlier. I think you'll like them." She told me as she knocked on the door.

A very pretty girl opened the door, and I immediately envied her. I always tried to get Kenny to let me dye my hair brown, but he never allowed me to. I don't know why but I thought brown hair and eyes were attractive, and just my luck, I was stuck with blonde hair and blue eyes. Just like my mother.

But I won't discuss her.

"Hi! You must be Jen, I'm Valerie Benjamin. Anna, come here." She called.

We walked inside and Valerie showed me by bed. There were three, and mine was in the back corner. I liked that, I got some of my own space.

Another girl that looked similar to Valerie walked out. "Hey! I'm Anna."

"Jen." I smiled and she enveloped me in a hug.

"Okay. I'll let you all get settled in, just hit the intercom if you need anything. Sound good?" She asked me.

"Great, thanks Hannah."

"The first two days are when everyone comes in, so basically we have free time all day except for meals. We should go do something together! There are booths everywhere and there's always the beach."