Chapter 1: Choosing What To Rock

"I really want that limited edition pair of Jimmy Choos! Badly!" cried my bestfriend Lisa Anne Morris.

By the time, Lisa and I were getting SO bored this summer. Yeah, we do have our gadgets and gizmos a plenty--

Wait, WHAT?! Get out of my stupid head, you frickin' Ariel's song.

Wait, I'm calling my head 'stupid' ?!

-- Okay, yeah, so we do have our iPhones, iPads and iPods (Yeah right, Apple products), but our eyes are soon gonna bulge out of our eye sockets one last second we force our eyes into the flashing screens. Or dare I say, into stalking Bryan Brew. Nope, he isn't my crush, he's Lisa's crush. She forced me to help her check if there's any unfamiliar 'alert' going on.

Out of boredom, we just talked about things we want and boys we like. Though I have nothing to say about the boys-part. Don't get me wrong, though, I may be humble about it, but I have looks.

Plus, I'm one half-French, and one half- American. I just moved here in the US when I was 6.

Boys would often have second looks at me. People would say I have looks, and every boy who sees me would drool. But I just don't want to hook up with somebody who'd care only for my body or getting laid, or, like my friends say, for my pretty face. I want somebody to like me for... me. For silly, jolly ol' me. My true self.

"Hello? Earth to Micaia Rishanne Laurent." said Lisa, interrupting my thoughts.

"Oh, uh, yeah. It's WAY expensive. I like the other pair, the silver pumps." I replied to her other statement before I zoned out.

"Do you think we should do something to earn more cash? I mean, like, duh. We can't keep being babies, always asking for allowance. We're turning eighth grade after this summer. I really will DIE if I don't get that pair. Or anything else I will come to like this summer.I can't stand not getting the items I want."

"Says the spoiled little baby girl." I said with a smirk.

"Hey! It isn't my fault my mom had me as an only child that made me have issues with getting what I want. Although, I really wished I could have a sibling."

I cringed at her second sentence. One time, in 5th grade, when Lisa wasn't around, her mom told me that she was adopted. Her mom, Cristi, had some type of disorder in her womb, which meant she couldn't give birth to a child. She still has that disorder 'til now.

She told me not to tell Lisa yet. She might feel too surprised, to the point that she may be too depressed. She doesn't know it till now.

"Okay, so anyways, let's take both, including babysitting, even if it's already torture to calm Keanne down when she throws one of her tantrums".

Keanne is my little sister, and what I said about her is true.

Lisa chuckled. "Yeah, I know. Hey, do you remember that offer Guess gave us for us to model? Seriously, let's use that!" says Lisa.

Last week, while Lisa and I were eating at the Starbucks, some commercial agents saw us and gave us an offer, saying we had the looks. Okay, my ego's starting to inflate and I might fly too high.

Keep your feet on the ground, Cai. Float up too high and your head will pop when it gets heated up by the goddarn sun.

Wait-- WHY IN HELL was I imagining that my head would pop?!

"So are we rocking both babysitting and modeling?"

"Of course we are".

------

A/N

Hey guys! Please be patient. When you see I'm not updating much, please remind me. But besides that, I guess I'll have time to keep updating because it's summer, baby!!!

Yeah, so thank you :) It would mean a lot if you vote, and comment NOT SO RUDELY.

Thank you! I love y'all!

P.S. I made a couple of edits in this chappy :)