Ametrine

Hazel (hay~zel) N: a petite winged female with petal wings and is usually seen riding a horse.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Have you ever noticed the fact that the most magical of places are far from human populated areas? Have you also noticed that these places are not touched by humans nor seem touched at all to be perfectly honest? Have you noticed that after taking a closer look this place is completely well kept? A Hazel. Thats your answer, there. There there! Look see! A Hazel. The defination above clearly states what a Hazel is. But most of you probably skipped it thinking it was a note from the author. Well a Hazel is a petite female with wings usually seen riding a horse.

Yes I am a Hazel, not by choice of course but still a Hazel. You see humans have misinterpreted faeries or Hazels. One day a Hazel named Tatarillus had been roaming around and was spotted by a stupid human boy. This boy promised Tatarillus that he'd keep her secret if she could make him fly. She led him to a deserted area and granted his wish. He stayed true to his word, until he layed on his death bed.

A friend had come to visit him for he had the measels. She asked if he had any of his extraordinary adventures lately, knowing he had quite the imagination. He then crossed a red line. He told her everything about the day he met Tatarillus and how he flew and captured her heart, she fell in love as he flew with her magic that day.His friend, Wendy, promised to keep his secret but then too crossed the same line. She wrote a book on her friend's adventures and how the faerie fell in love. This was later edited. The stupid boy had mistakenly used so much magic that Tatarillus had to carry him home. Her Emerald was angered by what the boy had done and demanded where he lived. Tatarillus couldn't do anything but tell him. The boy died later that day from a severe flower that had misteriously found it's way into his food. Peter died at fifteen and a half.

From then on the humans found it necessary to make more stupid stories of me and family of Hazels and Emeralds. Oh! Excuse me. An Emerald is small male creature with wings resembling a hawk and thats guides the horses of Hazels.

Another question for you. Have you ever had the feeling you were unwelcomed and unwanted in an area where you were new to? That was an Emerald. Emeralds are strictly there to fend off unwanted guests. That unwanted guest was probably you from time to time. Emeralds give off an unatural scent that gives humans the feeling of unwantedness. Thank God they did or a Hazel's job would be a lot harder.

Human moms are naturally good at decorating. Hazels are naturally great at keeping a healthy forest. Forest need undivided unattention when it comes to keeping to keeping it beautiful and healthy. But some Hazels are luckily and rarely given a different job to help us out. Some clean our houses underground others help lead baby animals about the forest. Some are just mothers to the new Hazels and Emeralds.

Oddly enough Hazels and Emeralds don't have sex. We just mix. Its weird. I guess it happens when you are alone and with your partner. Bees take pollen from flower to flower. Well when Hazels are at their peak, the season of their birth, they give off a weird scent of different types of flowers. Especially Ladies of Spring, they give off the most exotic and fruitiest scents of all. Ladies of Winter are especially different. They give off a more rare scent that isn't recognizable. They are the first to partner up.

I called Flair to my side and used her to help myself up. My legs weren't too strong. They weren't used often considering Flair gets me from location to location and my petals lift me up to the unreachable. They fluttered at the thought of themselves. They loved having the breeze ride across them. I giggled knowing my Emerald would be here soon and I can tease him some more. I loved him more than anything. He was my personal angel from heaven above. I smiled at his shadow.