Death

They tell you life is worth the living.

That suffering brings you closer to your ultimate goal, happiness. And that the harder you try, the more likely you're able to achieve what you want.

But life is none of that.

Life is an anecdoche. A conversation where everyone and everything is speaking, but nobody is actually listening to what is being said. It's a bunch words and phrases that never get meaning because they aren't being heard, or appreciated. Everyone has something to say, something to add in the conversation, but everyone is too busy adding things they don't end up listening. That's why words become meaningless, and you think you die saying something important, but nobody was listening.

When I die, will anyone listen to my words? Will what I say be meaningless, and will the world continue their fruitless conversation, never really hearing or caring about what I said. Or will I ultimate die like everyone else - pointlessly. I was okay with that. Dying pointlessly.

"...and the pain should reside with these medications I'm giving him, although I doubt it'll help much..." The doctor droned on and on, in monotone. My doctor was surprisingly young. He had an interesting shade of gray as his hair, and held it up with a pony tail, excluding his bangs that hung low, framing his face. He wore rounded glasses, similar to that of Harry Potter's, and a white lab coat.

His name tag read, Kabuto.

"Yes, yes, doctor, but he's been dazing in and out of consciousness lately. He can't pay attention to long conversations, and sometimes finds it difficult to reply to people." My dad voiced his concerns seriously, more worried than even myself. I couldn't find the energy to worry anymore. After a couple months of hospitalization, you find it hard to worry about absolutely anything. I sometimes worry about my dad, if he's alright, or if he'll be alright. His patience runs thinner and thinner each visit.

I also occasionally wonder about Sasuke.

He visits me now and then, and at first it freaked me out, but now it kind of comforts me. Since nobody else from school visits me, he tells me what's going on, and even brings me my class and homework. I barely have energy to eat, so I never really get to doing it, but it's the thought that counts. Sometimes he even sits with me and tries helping me - until I get frustrated and decide to sleep instead.

He's alright.

"...ruto! Naruto, pay attention, please!" Iruka cried out desperately trying to gain my attention. I blinked out of my thoughts, and faced him, smiling apologetically, "ah, sorry dad, I was just thinking about school and stuff. What happened?" I said embarrassed.

He sighed, tiredly, and shook his head from side to side, "what to do with you, sometimes I wonder if your more trouble than your worth," he chuckled jokingly. I sat silently, wondering if he was right about that.

"The doctor told us we should get prepared for operation, it could save your life, Naruto!" Iruka exclaimed happily, or hopefully. I gave him a bright smile, not really feeling that hopeful or happy at the moment. I'm glad he's hopeful, someone has to be. I'm just tired. I'm tired of sleeping all day, I'm tired of throwing up, and I'm tired of being fucking tired. It's exhausting being sick, why do kids want this? Missing school is definitely not worth it.

"I'm glad." I replied unusually calm. He must've noticed my lack of enthusiasm, because a small frown crept onto his tanned face.

"Naruto, you've got to believe you'll be okay. If you don't, this'll all go to shit. And you won't be okay." He said in an oddly agitated voice. I could tell he was slowly but surely losing his patience with everything, and this was evidence of that. My dad never cursed. He always said cursing was for people who didn't have an intelligent vocabulary, or whatever, so he had a clean mouth in front of me for basically all of my life. Clearly he's losing it.