Chapter 2

"Scarlett, are you even listening to me?" Deucalion said in a stern voice as he followed his goddaughter into his estate. "What the hell are you doing here?" He said with a growl as he watched the young woman gracefully sit on throw pillows.

"I hear you god father, but I don't care to listen to your scolding." Scarlett said as she picked up the glass of wine offered to her by the werewolf serving in her godfather's estate.

"Well I'm sorry princess, but you know very well these lands are forbidden to you!" Deucalion said as he sat himself down opposite of the young woman. "Besides, what is a newly mated young woman doing far from her mate?" Deucalion said changing the subject momentarily.

Scarlett lowered her glass as she said, "Victor is dead."

"Dead? What happened?" Deucalion asked as his anger subsided and worry over took his being.

"Victor was conspiring against the Queen. He wanted me to help gain more followers to bring her down." Scarlett said as she waved the servant away deciding she had enough wine.

A smile slipped passed his lips at what his god daughter had said, "I see. Everyone was beginning to question your loyalty to her highness. It's good to see your loyalty still lies with the Queen."

"Of course my loyalty is forever lies with the Queen," Scarlett said as she flipped a lock of her long black hair back. "If I left her kingdom, it wasn't out of disloyalty. It's like I said to my father, I wanted to see the world my mother grew up in and get to meet the man who bounded his soul to my mother's. Victor just happen to offer that opportunity of escape, and I took it. It's rather unfortunate that he resulted in being an enemy."

"That's really sweet and all, but you shouldn't have done something as stupid as what you did. If you wanted to come here and see him, you could have..." Deucalion began to say but was interrupted by his goddaughter's words. "I could have what?! Asked mother to let me travel out of the safety of home to come see the man that brought her so much pain?" Scarlett asked as she stood up from the comfort of the pillows, "Yes, because that would have worked out so well."

"No, but you could have gone about this a different way! You killed your mate, and I get it, it was out of self-defense but do you have any idea what you caused?" Deucalion scolded as he stood up from his seat as well. "Scarlett, don't walk away from me. I'm talking to you." He said as his brows furrowed as he grabbed hold of his goddaughter before she could walk towards the door.

Scarlett looked at her godfather's hand on hers before pulling her hand free, "Of course I know what I did. I protected my family! Now if you'll excuse me, I have to see about my own pack, and ensure none of them plan try to finish what my deceased mate left undone." She said before walking out of the common room of the estate.

Deucalion just let out a small sigh as he sat back on the throw pillows he had previously had been sitting down on. "Someone get me some parchment, I must send word to the Queen that Scarlett is here." Deucalion said as he looked around for the servants who still lingered in the room. He had to send word back to Stiles at the palace to let him know that his daughter had been found.

Ever since the rise of the Queen, everything in their world everything had changed. Communication no longer was as easy as making a phone call. She had every electric tower destroyed. She was a very paranoid creature who believed they were instruments that could be used against her. But lucky for her the war prior to her existence had left the whole planet nearly powerless, and returned them back to their savage days. So the destruction of the remaining towers had hardly been a task for the Queen.

Deucalion kind of missed the luxury of phones, but sixteen years is a long time for someone to get accustomed to the way life was now.

*----------*