Prologue

:: Ayla ::

My name is Ayla Mae Bauer and this is my story of how I became a very famous actress, not without drama of course.

It all started early Monday morning, New York time.

- Monday, January 9, 2017, 06.33 am -

The alarm clock rings for the second time, 3 minutes after my phone starts buzzing. I reach out for it and sit up in bed feeling a bit dizzy. I swipe my finger across the screen and put the phone up to my ear. "Hello." I say, my voice sound raspy from sleeping 14 hours because of jetlag.

"Good morning, is this Ayla Bauer?" a women's voice sounds.

"Jup."

"Good morning Miss Bauer, I'm calling on behalf of the production of the movie Losing it."

"Oh my god I love that book series." I say, waking up a lot more than before.

"Right, our director Sofia Coppola says that she has been working with you on some projects before and she would like for you to audition as Bliss Edwards."

"Shut up.. I'm sorry.. I mean that's crazy, when?" I stand up from the bed.

"A week from now we will be sending you to Hollywood in two days, make sure that you have nice hotel room to stay in, give you your manuscript so that you have plenty of time to rehearse."

"Thank you, thank you, thank you."

"I will be ordering plane tickets in your name for you and your manager, what are your manager's name again?" she asks.

"Sonia Bauer."

"You will be able to pick up the tickets at the JFK Airport when you depart, I will book your an early morning flight, be at the airport at 7 am, New York time." she says, we end the conversation and I hurry down the stairs to my mom standing in the kitchen. We live in a small town house on the upper west side of Manhattan in New York.

"Mom, mom, mom." I say, nearly running into her in the kitchen.

"Good morning sunshine, what's up?" she asks.

"We're going to Hollywood."