Out Of His League.

My name is Eleanor, I'm 17 and I'm starting a new college today. My father received a new job offer that offered a hell of a lot more than what he earns now, I couldn't fault him, he wants what's best for us, but there's no need to drag my family and I half across the country.

The college I was starting was called something like 'Rydell' I couldn't really remember, I wasn't that fussed about starting, I was terrified, but I didn't want my parents to know that.

I walked downstairs to find my brother so we could walk to our new adventure.

"What's with the dress?" My mum asked

"It's a nice day?"

She laughed "Not trying to impress the college boys, then?"

"Oh p-lease, I haven't got time for those idiots!"

"Whatever you say" She sniggered

"Hurry up!" Jay shouted. Jay was my twin brother.

"What the hell are you wearing?" I laughed, spotting his leather jacket

"This is the fashion!" He said, spinning around "Tell her mum!"

"Yes, Eleanor, that is the fashion." She began "If you belong in the 1950's"

Jay scowled and quickly ran upstairs, removing his jacket as he did.

My mum grabbed my arm "Take it easy on him" she whispered "I don't think he's had a lot of sleep..."

"Alright" I sighed, my mum doesn't care too much for me.

Jay stomped down the stairs, wearing a denim jacket this time.

"Better?"

"Perfect!" I laughed, I looked over my shoulder to see if my mum had seen. She gave me a smile.

"Well, I hope you both enjoy your fist day of college!"

"Get the camera!" My dad shouted

"Good idea!" Mum ran upstairs

"Go! Go! Go!" My dad said urging us out

------------

We began walking, just following the crowds, they seemed to be heading to the same place as us. Jay got quieter and quieter as we approached the college, he seemed terrified. Just like I was.

"Are you scared?" I asked Jay, breaking the silence

"What? No! Of course I'm not. Why? Are you?"

"Well...yeah...it's a big college, what if I get lost?"

"You won't get lost. There's thousands of teachers around anyway."

"Yeah. I'm sure we'll find our way"

"We? Look, Eleanor. I know we're walking to college and stuff, but you wasn't thinking I was going to stay with you all day, was you?"

Yes. I was. "No, no. Of course not,"

"Good" he smiled

Great. My first day of college and my brother won't even stay with me. Luckily, I'd bought a few books to read, I'm sure I'd be able to find a quiet space to read. To be honest, I find reading peaceful, I'd much rather read than socialise with idiots.

We reached college. It was huge! It seemed much bigger than in the pictures. The crowd which we'd been following assembled into their own crowds, everyone seemed to be in their own category. Jay and I seemed to be outsiders.

"Will you be alright from here?" Jay asked

"Um...yeah, yeah. I'll just go to registration." I replied