Chapter 3.

It was day two of my adventure at Rydell. Today, my mum was dropping both me and Jay off due to the rain. I decided to tie my hair up today as I didn't want to ruin it, I placed it in a ponytail and tied it up with a red ribbon to match my red blazer. I didn't want to go to college, I didn't want to socialise with Vanessa or Ariana, maybe I should try to find Kelsey? 

"Are you ready?" My mum said, opening my door slightly

"Yeah." I said, taking one final look in the mirror. This was as good as it's going to get.

I grabbed my bag and followed my mum downstairs, Jay was waiting at the door, he looked anxious to leave.

"Hurry up!" He said, like a little puppy

"Why are you so desperate to go?" I asked

He stopped jumping "I don't know"

"You want to see Jade, don't you?" I nudged at him

"No!" He was a terrible liar. "Let's just go! We're going to be late!" He said, running out the door.

"He's just like your father" Mum laughed

I smiled and made my way outside, Jay had called 'shotgun' so he got the front seat. How immature.

On the way, I spotted Kelsey walking, all alone. She had no umbrella, no coat, no shelter. She was drenched!

"Hey, look! Max is there!" Jay said waving at him.

Mum pulled up in the car park

"Thanks!" I said, getting out quickly and putting my umbrella up

"Ay! Wait for me!" Jay said running towards me, he grabbed hold of my umbrella

"It's my umbrella!" I snapped "If you want it you'll have to share!"

He groaned, but agreed. He loved his curls too much.

We made our way into the canteen, Vanessa was sat all alone.

"We've got to sit next to her." Jay said "We can't just leave her alone."

I sighed, but agreed. She smiled at Jay but didn't even acknowledge me, I didn't know what her problem was.

"The rain is terrible!" She said, aiming her words at Jay.

"I agree!" He replied "My hair almost got ruined!"

She laughed, I don't understand how she could like my brother, but not me? We're the exact same! Vanessa started off some conversation with Jay, that I didn't know about, she did that on purpose. I decided to carry on reading 'The Great Gatsby' although I couldn't remember where I was...

"I like that book." I heard Vanessa say

I peered over my book "Are you talking to me?"

She smiled "Yeah! I absoloutley adore Leonardo DiCaprio!"

"Really" I hated when others liked the same things as me, he's mine, not hers...

"Don't you just love Titanic?" She said, was this her way of making friends with me?

"Yeah, it's my favourite film." I replied

She smiled.

"Hi guys!" Jade said, running in, she always seemed so happy.

"Hi" Jay said, patting his hair.

"So, I was on the way to school and I see Nathan and Ariana. Arguing."

"What?" Vanessa replied

"Yup, in the streets too! Everyone is looking."

Vanessa quickly got up and made her way out of the cafeteria, I'm guessing she wanted to find Ariana.