Chapter 3

WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 3- EARLY TOO EARLY

It's still mascara black outside But I can't go back to sleep after that disturbing dream I just had about Ricky Dillon-the boy Tabbi kissed during spin the bottle.

 It was one of those forgot-my-homework type of dreams. I was scrambling through my locker, tossing papers over my shoulder. Then someone handed me the exact paper I looking for. I turned around and found myself staring into Ricky Dillon's face. (If you could smell things in your dreams, I'd have known it was him before I turned around. Thankfully, though, smells don't creep into dreams.)

 Ricky's face isn't monster-terrible or anything. Still, it's pretty disturbing to have someone like him show up in your head when that head is resting on a satiny pillow and attached to a body wearing spaghetti-strap pj's. At first I wondered if my dream meant I was still jealous about Tabbi's kiss with him. But luckily, I realized that he probably just popped up because he's  l guy I took notes on yesterday. I'm going to have to be more careful about who I study last. Here is the card I made for him.

 ~Subject #3: Ricky Dillon~

Data Collected on:  1/2

Status: Available?

Hair: Long and Brown (but usually up)

Eyes: Brown

Eyebrows: Light brown and well-kept

Body Type: Tall and Well-built

Age: 15

Nice-o-meter: :) :) (2)

Interest Level: 0

Observations: He was passing notes with Jenn.(Ewwww)

Fast Fact: His armpits still haven't been introduced to deodorant.

~+~+~+~+~

 Normally, I wouldn't even pay attention to someone like Ricky, but I'm forcing myself to be objective because I want reliable results. Plus, some of the things I don't like about Ricky are fixable.

 For example, I heard that all of the guys at the other high school have to line up after gym and reach for the stars. Then the coach goes down the line and sprays every pit with Right Guard. Now, if someone happened to leave an anonymous note for Coach Little giving him that idea, I'm sure he'd jump on it. He never misses a chance to humiliate us, and standing with your pits exposed is not exactly a confidence-building exercise. So if I ever decided I had a crush on Ricky, I might just have to author such a note. (And forever after, shave my armpits on a daily basis in case Coach Little got the bright idea to give the girls the same treatment.)

 But there's one thing about Ricky that I will not be able to change and that thing is going to make him off-limits to me forever. That thing is named Jenn. Tabbi and I call her "The Vine" because she's always climbing all over the trunk of some guy or another.

 While I was observing Ricky yesterday, I couldn't help noticing that it looks like The Vine was trying to put down roots near him.

 Hmm. I might need to start getting ready for school. It's getting lighter-charcoal gray- outside. Besides, I smell bacon.

BUS STOP ( AKA MY FRONT YARD)

 Great.The bus is about to stop and here comes Julie breezing by on her bike. I hate when she does that! Because you pretty much suffer in comparison when your cute, athletic older sister (who already went jogging at the crack of dawn) blows by you on two wheels while you're standing as still as a lawn ornament, waiting to board the slowest and most embarrassing form of transportation possible. I'd rather ride a camel to school. Seriously.