{Visit}

Nessa 🤙🏽💕
9:30 a.m.

I came home and went into my mom's room. She was in her bathroom doing her hair for work. I loved watching my mom do her hair. She was always so focused on doing everything perfectly. Meanwhile I just slap my hair together and call it a day. She looked at me through the mirror and smiled.

Mama, How was the sleepover mija?

Nessa, It was fun mami

Mama, Good, Abril can you get my vitamins off the nightstand please

Nessa, Sure mami

Now she calls me Abril around family or if its just us because that's part of my middle name. My full name is Vanessa Indi Abril Bleu. I'm called both Indi and Abril. Abril looks like the english word April doesn't it. That's because Abril means April in Spanish. My grandma's name is April so my middle name is Abril they say I look just like her. Buhhh Iont see it. I talk different around my mom too because she'll smack me if I sound at all disrespectful. When I went over to her nightstand I saw that some vitamins fell into the drawer. So I opened it to grab them and put them back into the cup. When I saw letters with my name on it, from my brother Kevin. I picked them up there were so many I couldn't believe it.

Mama, Indi what's taking so lo-

Nessa, What is this

Mama, Um

Nessa, Are these from Kevin???

Mama, Yes mija

Nessa, Mom?! Why do you have these

Mama, Watch your tone Vanessa. I kept these to protect you.

Nessa, Protect me from what?

Mama, When Kevin left

Nessa, What?!

Mama, He left right before your birthday started because he was going to jail

Nessa, Kev is in jail and you didn't tell me

Mama, Nessa it was your birthday and he didn't wanna ruin it

Nessa, You coulda told me after?

Mama, After so many good things that were happening to you there was no good time I didn't know when I could bring it up

Nessa, So you kept this from me for 2 years mom are you kidding me right now why wouldn't you tell me this it doesn't matter about all the good things happening to me. I was depressed because you let me believe my big brother never wanted to speak to me again. What kind of mother ar-

Mama, *smack* Now I understand you are upset Vanessa but remember that I am your mother. You will never talk to me that way do you understand me?!

Nessa, I understand the last two years of my life have been a lie. If you'll excuse me I have to go.

I walked out the room so angry. I wanted to let all my problems fade away man. I just wanna live a peaceful life. I got in my car and drove up to where they're holding my brother I know alotta people up there. I walked into the place and went up to the glass window telling the woman my name and who I'm here to see.

Woman, Vanessa Bleu. Sweetie you've been on this list for a very long time . I'm sure he'll be happy to see you.

A man then made me take off my shoes, and jewelry and put my keys and phone in the basket. I did as told and walked through the metal detector. Then I put on my things and was escorted to a room where I'd wait to see Kevin at. I saw mothers and children reunited. Fathers with their kids. It brought joy to my heart to see them so happy. But then I was so depressed to see those once happy families ripped apart because of the consequences they had to pay when some of them didn't deserve this fate. Then I heard his name, Kevin Bleu.