Prologue (Where It All Began)

*Play music while reading, please ^~^*

It was a peaceful, ordinary day. The heat was warm against the skin, and the breeze was cool. It was the first day of school. Sayomi, Mika, Naoki, and Sierra were all in their junior year of high school. 

School had just ended. Both Sayomi and Mika were out by the gates of the school waiting for Naoki and Sierra. 

"I can't believe we're already in our junior year of high school."  -Sayomi

Sayomi was leaning against the gate, staring off at the school, with a smile planted on her face.

"I know... it's kinda of like a dream." -Mika

Sayomi starts twirling out into the middle of the sidewalk that lined the road. 

"We survived our first day! Truly a miracle if you ask me." -Sayomi

Laughing, Mika nods in agreement.

"I say we treat ourselves. If only Naoki and Sierra would hurry." -Mika

"Maybe they got held up?" -Sayomi

"Oh wait. Here they come know" -Mika

As if they had heard Sayomi and Mika, Naoki and Sierra comes dashing out of the school's entrance. Coming to a stop in front of Sayomi and Mika, both collapsing on the ground panting.

"H-hey guys. Ehehe sorry were late" -Naoki

"What took you guys so long?!" -Sayomi

"The teacher had us help carry some papers to the chem lab." -Sierra

"Well, Sayomi and I were thinking we could go celebrate!" -Mika

Confused Naoki and Sierra look at each other then back at Sayomi and Mika.

"Celebrate what exactly?" -Sierra

"For getting through our first day as Juniors, silly!" -Sayomi

"B-but is that really a reason to celebrate?" -Naoki

"I guess not but getting some ice cream wouldn't hurt." -Mika

"Ice cream?!" -Naoki

Like a cat getting frightened, Naoki jumps up, startling everyone.

"S-sorry!" -Naoki

Everyone starts laughing nonstop. The laughing seemed like would last forever. Mika, being the first to calm down, sighs and helps Sierra up.

"We should start heading to the ice cream shop." -Mika

"Agreed." -Sierra

After settling down a bit, they began walking and chatting. Upon reaching a hill Sayomi notices a ball rolling out onto the road, with a little girl chasing after it. Telling her friends to wait a bit, Sayomi walks out into the middle of the road and grabs the ball. Handing it to the little girl, not noticing that a car was driving uphill, Sayomi began telling the little girl it wasn't safe to chase after a ball into the road. Mika, Naoki, and Sierra stop chatting as they hear a car approaching. 

"Sayomi watch out!!" -Mika

Sayomi looks up and quickly pushes the little girl out of the way. Her friends scramble to get to Sayomi's side but it was too late. The car had hit her. Without even stopping the car quickly rushes away from the scene.