Car Crash

Victim of a car crash:

I jump up and down on the plush sofa in my tattered overalls that were covered with Dora stickers on the knees. “It’s time to go to school! Get it the car!” I quickly grabbed my yellow Lego backpack and ran to the door. I ran down the steps outside and opened the backdoor to our white Jeep. I sat in my car seat, and grabbed some Butterscotches that were on the back of the drivers seat. My Dad came into the car and started driving. I jumped up and down in car seat in excitement, completely forgetting to buckle my seat belt. We started to turn out of our neighborhood onto the road, and BAM! I flew out of my Dora car seat and slammed into the seat in front of me. I cried in pain as glass pierced my face. My pain continued as I heard a SNAP in my arm. My cries turned to screams of pain. All the sudden, the door on the other side of the car opened and I heard screams of terror and shock. I felt a paper towel wiping the blood off my face. There was so much blood. I could feel my tears as they flowed down my cheeks. I was missing my first day of kindergarten! I heard ambulance sirens and the distance, and they got louder and louder as the seconds went by. A few seconds, but what seemed like minutes later, the ambulance was right by our car. I was lifted on a stretcher and into an ambulance. I could feel my eyes forcing themselves shut as someone asked, “Honey, would you like a Tinker Bell toy or a Frosty the Snowman?” I pointed to a random one and fell into a deep darkness. I woke up, feeling funny. I looked around to see that I was in a small, white room. I knew I wasn’t in any room in my house. The door opened, and there was Daddy, with a small smile on his face. I tried to speak, but I couldn’t. “Honey, you got stitches on your lip and on your forehead. You also broke your arm.” Dad said with a sad tone. I looked at my left arm to see a purple cast that went to my hand to just above my elbow. Dad then told me I was the only one that got hurt in the car accident. I was glad that I was the only one who got hurt.

Other car in the car crash (starts before the car crash)-

I drove up the steep hill in my green Chevy truck. I quickly passed another car and drove up the hill on the left lane, when I knew I should’ve been on the right lane. I looked down at my phone. In that moment, I hit a car. I heard the awful sound that my car made when it slammed into the other car, which was a white Jeep. The car then spun out of control and ran into a tree. I heard a small child screaming from inside the car. I checked in the back of my truck to see if my son was okay. He was, thankfully. I jumped out of my truck and ran over to the other car. The car was a wreck. The windows were broken, and there were huge dents on the outside of the car. I gasped in shock. I can’t believe that I had been so stupid to not have been paying attention and for being on the wrong side of the road. A man got out of the car, seemingly unhurt. But I knew that he was not the only one in the car, because I had heard a child’s scream.

He looked at me with a sad expression on his face. I ran by him as he opened the door. In the back of the car, was a young girl who’s course looking hair was in braids that were now soaked in her own blood. I screamed a little in shock. Her face was full  blooded, and you could see the blood gushing out of her lip and her forehead. I ran back to my car to grabs some paper towels to help stop the blood. I sprinted back to the car and helped the man stop the little girls bleeding. Now as I looked at her, you could tell that her arm was broken just by the way it was positioned. It was positioned in an unnatural, awkward angle that made me grimace just looking at it. The man called 911, and after what seemed like forever you could hear the roar of the ambulance and the police siren. I started to relax as the young girl went into the ambulance. I knew that she would be taken care of, and that she would be all right. I then realized where I knew her from. She was the little girl of a family who had just moved into my neighborhood a few months prior. I felt even more weight on my heart as I realized this. I hoped and prayed that this little girl would be all right.