Prologue

* Year 2002 *

"Everything has a meaning." My dad replied to me. We were talking about my Aunt, his sister. She was diagnosed with cancer yesterday. Know one told me what it meant, but by the way everyone talks about it; its horrible.

I sit up from my bed. "Then what's my meaning." I sigh.

"It's not something you know; Its something you find out." Daddy tucks my hair covering my face behind my ear. "Now get to sleep. We are visiting Aunt Lillian, tomorrow." He kissed my forehead. Then, heading for the door.

"Goodnight, I love you." I pulled my princess covers under my chin.

"Goodnight, love you too." I close my eyes. When I hear the door click, I jump up quitely walking to the window.

Opening up the window, searching for those blue eyes. Ahah!

"C'mon Luke!" I whispered. He's my neighbor and my best friend. He pulled himself into my room. Falling to my floor. Classic Luke. "Sh." He glared at me.

"I've been waiting for you for ten minutes in the freezing cold." He scoffed.

"Meany." I stuck my tongue out. His response was to poke my tongue. "Ewwww... Your finger is germy!"

"Hey! You put up the stars!" Luke said looking up with the brightest smile. He liked stars, that's why I made Daddy put them up. When you turn off the light, they light up. It's super cool.

"Yea, I-" I was interrupted with a gun shot. I look at Luke and Luke looks at me. I stare at him. "Did.. Did you. Hear... Hear that." I stuttered, almost in tears.

Luke nodded. He flicked his head to the right signaling to hide in the closet. I nodded. We tip-toed to my closet. We were now holding hands. How did that happen? We sat down, hiding ourselves in all my clothes that has fallen from the hangers.

There is someone coming up the stairs, I can hear the squeak of the old stairs. Tears streaming down my face. Luke pulls me into a hug. He's crying too, which makes me cry harder. Luke never crys. Never. My door clicks open. I squeeze Luke tighter. Then, the knob of the closet turns. This is it.

"Daddy!" We both let go if each over; grabbing daddy. "Sh, it's okay." Daddy picks both of us up. He's pretty strong, since Me and Luke are at least 60 pounds each. Daddy takes us to the safe room where mum is and sits us down. I immediately go back to daddy and Luke goes for my mum.

Luke's mum likes bad stuff, that I'm not aloud to know about, but Luke told me. It was coke? Cocaine? I don't really know, but it's something like that. She always left him, so he always ended up here. I feel bad since he never really had a mum.

We stay quite for who knows how long. Then, we heard sirens. They were super close. Daddy left us as soon as he heard them. Ten minutes later, he came back with a sad look on his face. "Kamila, can you come outside for a sec."

"Sure. Kids stay here." They left, but door was cracked. Being the nosey kid Luke is; he went to the door. His face dropped, tears slipping down his face.

"Luke... It's ok, nobody is hurt we are all fine." I smiled. He looked back me no smile what's so ever.

"NO! NOT EVERYONE IS FINE!" He screamed. I was taken aback; he never screamed at me before. My parents came rushing in.

"What happened?"

"You tell me." He cried. Leaving the safe room.

___________________________

* 1 week later *

I've been crying all week. I haven't seen Luke in over a week. I went to go find out earlier today, but my parents were already talking about it. He's mum was killed by a drug dealer. Something about her not paying him money? So now Luke has to go to a Foster Home. He's leaving tomorrow. I wasn't having this... Luke is my best friend... My other half. I walked in there and pushed both of them; telling how they should take Luke in, since he practically lived with me already. But they kept telling how they already have financial problems, so they just can't. This hurts too much.

___________________________

We are driving him to the Foster Home, the least we could do. The Foster Home is miles and miles away.

Luke wont even look at me. It's not my fault.

We showed up at the Foster Home and hour later. I'm trying not to cry. I'm known as the schools cry baby, which hurts, but Luke sticks up for me. Which he wont be able to do now.

My mom and dad already said goodbye, so now it's my turn. I stare at him for a sec, then, run and hug him. "I'll miss you so much... I know your mad at me, but I want you to know that I'm always will be there for you, even when I'm not physically. And you always going to be my best friend." I'm crying, but I can't help it, and so is Luke when I look up at him.

"I'll miss you more and I'll be there for you mentally when all those meanys are mean to you, ok?" He smiled.

"LUKE HEMMINGS," a women in a pencil skirt and high heels snapped,"GET going." She said sharply. Then, looking at us "I'll appreciate if you would leave now."

We were fixing to leave, when i suddenly remember. Oh my gosh! How could I forget? I look back and Luke is still standing there looking at the ground. "Luke! Luke! I forgot." I grab his hand and put one of my stars that glow in his hand. He smiled, big.

"Thank you so much!" I hug him once more.

"I got to go, but please don't forget me." I say before walking away.

"Never!" He yelled.

Then that's were it ended... All the secrets we shared meant nothing. All the laughs, gone. Like our friendship.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*AUTHORS NOTE*

There's more, way more, and I'm extremely excited for this story. Oh! And sorry if there is any

typos!:) Please vote!!