3 - glances

6:14am - 158th day after diagnosis.

awoken by my alarm again. i'd love to smash that thing up. i reach for my phone and check the work i have set for me and decide to do it all straight away, so i can chill for the rest of the night. i turn on my spotify playlist, that consisted of BlackBear, some alternative and some rock. my playlist was a bit of everything, my music taste was very confusing.

i was interrupted a couple times by my mum, who just came in to give me my injections and pancakes. but left me to concentrate for the rest of the day, she knew i liked to be alone.

after a few hours of school work and learning about pythagoras and trigonometry, i decided that i exceeded the amount i had to do for the day and left my computer and headed downstairs. my ears were greeted by a loud but also gentle knock at the door, my mother ran too open it before i could, but im sure it was just my doctor coming to check up on me.

the smell of a cinnamon and vanilla bundt filled my nostrils, it smelt beautiful.

"hello mrs, me and my sister just wanted to bring round a gift since you're our new neighbours, we just moved in across the street" a deep voice said, shit. it was the guy i saw yesterday.

"Aww. thank you so much um-"

"its Ethan and this is Cameron"

"Well thank you Ethan and Cameron, have a nice day" as my mother closed the door with the freshly baked bundt in her hand.

"how kind" my mother said with a smile on her face. I nodded and ran upstairs to my window, and he was there with his sister walking back into his house, wearing some baggy shorts and a white shirt that fitted perfectly on his muscular body, the short white sleeves wrapped tightly around his arms, bringing out his tanned muscular biceps. his hair was still as messy as yesterday, but it looked perfect.

He turned around just before entrancing into his front door and looked up at my window, glancing straight at me. he smiled and gave a soft wave, and i waved back and quickly moved so he could no longer see me, but he was still looking.