The miracle

I woke up to the sound of my annoying alarm clock and I jumped off my bed. I'm not usually this energetic but it was the first day of school so how couldn't I be! I opened my closet to find a baby pink tee with a pair of short jean shorts. And, to top that off, I wore my cute but worn white convers. I walked to the bathroom to style my hair even if I knew that I would end I putting it in a pony tail or a bun, For some reason I hate wearing my hair down because I'm so self conscious about it. Anyways I walked down the stairs to the kitchen to grab a granola bar then I took by bag, phone and wallet and headed towards the door. "Bye mom" I shouted. "Bye sweetie have a good day at school! Be safe. Remember to swing by and say hi at least once a month." replied my mom.

I lived in Vancouver and I just transferred here to LA to continue high school and do university. My mom found a job here and I wanted to come, looking for some fun. The only house we found was too far from the school I wanted to attend which is why I applied for a shared apartment at my school just like many kids did. I will be sharing an apartment with someone at my school so hopefully he or she is not a jerk! 

I entered the school and entrance after a long bus ride, I saw a boy a  bit older than me (maybe 16 years old) leaning on his locker. Right when I saw him I immediately got the butterflies. He had brown hair, green eyes and such a handsome face. although he seemed to be puzzled about something judging by the look on his face. I walked over to him and he caught my eye. "Hey, are you okay? You seem a bit down..." I asked. "Yeah I guess.. wait a second, are you new here?" he asked. "Actually I am. Do you think you can point me to the office, I have to grab a few papers." I said. "Sure thing! I will walk you there." He smiled. Wow, his smile just gave me a boost of happiness. It's like the rest of the world went away for a second and it was just the two of us staring at each other...

He took my hand and for some reason it felt completely normal in this case even though my first reaction would be to jerk my hand away. One minute passed and we reached the office door. We both entered and the secretary gave me some papers and the address for where my apartment is located. "It says here that I'm sharing an apartment with a boy named Noah" I said disappointed. I really wanted it to be him but that would have been a miracle. "NO WAY. We are going to be sharing an apartment!" he said in an exited tone. This had to be some sort of joke but the way he said it was so believable that it had to be true!