Dreaming Of Laharl

Disclaimer: I do not own or create any official characters (Laharl, Etna etc) they belong to Nippon Ichi Software!

The netherworld once was under the rule of King Krichevskoy though two years after the king's passing his son awoke from his slumber by his later father's vassal Etna. They quickly grew a small group of strong and fierce warriors to face the demons that sought the title and rule of overlord. They were joined by an angel trainee named Flonne along with some human fighters though before those were their recruits. Their pupils that they had petitioned for in the Dark Assembly, Reachel, a small time warrior was petitioned by Laharl himself as he saw her potential to grow as an excillent soldier under his command. Reachel herself didn't really view herself as a strong fighter till she was selected by Laharl himself.

When this happened they fought their way through the netherworld, taking down upcoming demons as well as other mysterious creatures that all wanted the title. The warriors along with Laharl even fought their way up into celestia though it was all on angel trainee Flonne that they made the journey there. The thought of angels causing the disruption with the humans trying to invade the netherworld caused her to harm her own fellow kin which was a grave sin once they were up top the sanctuary with the Seraph, Flonne atoned in front of Laharl and even Reachel herself. Though a lowly foot soldier she witnessed the kind heart that Laharl had covered behind his ego and supposed evil he spouted.

Through the lessons and the learning that Laharl had shown through their journey together the Seraph along with another demon that Laharl had dubbed 'Mid-boss' had made a plan as well as an evaluation of sorts for Laharl. They spoke that even though Laharl was demon he still could love that there wasn't a thing such as absolute evil or absolute good that those were mixed. The sparing of the Seraph showed this as he did bring Flonne back from death though since she had sinned her punishment was that she revived as a fallen angel. With this Flonne, Etna, and Laharl went back to the Netherworld to live in the castle together.

Reachel was recognized as she stood with Laharl through it all despite him leading all of them to victory he had taken special notice of her. Though as time went on she put down the sword picking up the bow feeling that she wanted to protect from afar rather then close up as Laharl himself had that great honor of protecting their forces with a blade. Though having a strong offensive force was never a bad thing she preferred the life of an archer to that of a warrior. As time went on and Flonne settled in with Etna and Laharl things continued to stir up around them though it was the Netherworld and that there were monsters that often attacked things lately were flaring up too quickly.

After the destruction of his statues to show his state as overlord Lahral, Reachel, Etna, and Flonne along with new recruits set out to find out why his statues were being destroyed. His hatred and ego often set most demons and creature alike off which left him to be respect little. This was shown as he found out the culprit Grosso a vassal of his father's spoke to Laharl knowing of the Overlord's heritage though despite that taking the throne for himself didn't mean that it made him Overlord. Grosso went on to say that Laharl would be pushed off the thrown as he didn't like Laharl 'playing' Overlord. This lead to their many fights against the renegade demons that swarmed the country side. The more the group walked the more bodies and destruction they would leave in their wake.

Laharl had fought many of the renegade demons that sided with the "Krichevskoy Group" a group that formed after the death of Krichevskoy himself and after the victory that Laharl claimed the title of Overlord after he destroyed many to get to it. The trail of dead demons led him to the castle gates of the "Krichevskoy Group" the vassals waiting inside to fight Laharl and destroy or at least strip him of a title they felt he didn't deserve to have. After the first fight with Grosso though with the vassal personally Laharl had defeated him several times prior he made his way through the castle.