Trapped and Not Tired

I have a horrible sleep cycle so I just kinda keep... turning these out. I hope these are good!

-------------------------------

Jeremy had long since fallen asleep, but the squip remained where he was.

The problem was that Jeremy was very closely pressed against the squip, his arm hugging the squip's waist. The squip tried to move once- and almost woke him up. So escaping the bed was not an option.

But the squip stayed awake, since he had no need for sleep. He kept thinking over his exploits- apologies to razors to tears to code red. He thought about Jeremy, too.

"Please don't cut hurt yourself again,"He had asked. The squip would have ignored this if he could actually move.

His face crunched up as tears started to well. Biting back a whimper, his eyes moved down to his arm, which was still coated with cuts. Bringing his hand down, he started to scratch at them.

The squip's nails were long. He kept them long so he could paint them if he wanted. Though, he liked painting them black most of all. But now, they were painted red as blood started to arise from his aggressive scratching.

He grew angrier at himself, channeling this into the clawing at his arm. Tears bit at his eyes, vicious as his own thoughts.

"You're so... stupid... you failure." He whispered scathing comments, encouraging his hand to keep moving. Blood was on the sheets now.

"You fuck up, a failure at doing such a simple task. All.... all you had to do was make him happily popular."

Scratch. Scratch. He was blinded by salty tears by now.

"But you destroyed that. You utter failure. You stupid fucking failure."

His fingertips were stained now. He let slip a sob. Emotions were spilling over and the squip felt like he was breaking up dematerializing, but sadly, not numb. Then, Jeremy seemed to shift. Fearing he would be noticed, he squeezed his eyes shut and slid his arm underneath his body.

Jeremy lifted his head, blinking in the darkness. He ran his hand along the squip's side.

"Squip? You ok?"

There was no response. Jeremy shrugged, and quickly fell back asleep.

The squip waited a few beats. Once he  was sure he was safe, his eyes finally opened and he looked down at his arm, bloody and raw.

If I continue, I'll wake him up.  He sighed, choosing Jeremy's sleep cycle over his crumbling worldview, and decided to "fall asleep" himself. There was nothing for him in reality anyways.

As he turned himself off, he had to admit, the  tight grip of Jeremy was a comfort. The He enjoyed feeling his breath on his neck. They were so very close at that moment. It would have been nice to just relax with him for a while like this. Without breaking down in tears- just laying together, happy and safe...

No. He doesn't need you. He doesn't want you. Don't think about him. This is temporary.