Beta 1.0

PROLOGUE

I was dancing on a pool of water. The water was a beautiful mix of blue and green and purple.

Ah, I love feeling water on my wings. They weren't the elegant kind you would expect. The feathers were white with brown speckles. And they looked great with full, brown hair. Not sleek, but wild and full.

The water was-

"Beta."

"Beta!"

"BETA!"

I snapped back to reality. Mr. Weasley was shouting at me.

"Beta, I asked you what you say and do to bring someone back from the dead? I know that you're not daydreaming again." He angrily questioned.

"Oh. Sorry sir. You throw a recolcta flower and say Recolecta Come. The person will then they will appear." I said innocently.

I wouldn't say it was magic. It was more- power.

"And what do you do to send them back?"

"You throw the flower back up and say Recolecta Go."

"Correct."

Mr. Weasley wrote something down on his notepad.

I was sitting in the one person classroom. My seat was specially made so my wings wouldn't be smushed.

"And what do you say to hide your wings?"

"Incognita Hide. Obviously. Why are you giving me little hermit questions?"

"Still a little cocky, I see."

"But I'm not a guy..."

"But-" Mr. Weasley breathed out. "You've answered all my questions."

"Go back to the VR room."

I stood up and bowed to Mr. Weasley. "Gracías sir."

I walked out of the room. And followed the hallway. I saw my VR room. The sweet safety of my room was so close. Just before I was to my safety a few engineers stepped out of a room.

Ugh! Noo! They wanted to test me again. It's this or death, I guess. I don't want Beta 1.01 to come.

A kind looking lady spoke up. "Ah, Beta, just who we were looking for. We need a couple mental, physical, and emotional tests before we execute a plan."

I rolled my eyes. "Yes engineer Ma'am. "

I let them pull me into their infamous testing room.

MENTAL TEST FOR B3TA 1.0 flashed in bright red letters. The engineers failed at typing in my correct Beta name into the system.

The engineers drilled me with questions. Before hooking me up to the painful machine assessed my brain function.

Now mind you, I may have the body of a 17 year old but I'm only a couple of years old. Why? Because Betas age quick until maturity. So they were literally testing a two year old. Except a two year old who is pretty much smarter then the average adult male mathematician.