Chapter 1 - Another Day

"Onodera! When are you getting your manuscripts ready?!" Takano raises his voice at me.

"I'm trying to work on them, but you keep yelling at me!" I scream. I swear, I'm so close to throwing the sharp pencils on my desk and stab the living hell out of Takano!

"Are you disrespecting your boss?!" Takano's eyes straighten into even more anger.

Oh no no no. He was already mad. What was I thinking?!

"Of course not..." I grumble as a reply. He didn't look satisfied with my answer, but thankfully his phone call made him forget about our whole conversation. He's arguing with the printers again.

"Oh, Onodera. You just love to pick on fights with Takano, don't you?" Kiss-San said with a smirk on his face.

"It's not like I start them..." I mutter with agitated teeth. God, Takano gets me so mad I'm surprised I didn't quit, yet!

"Ah, okay! Let's get back to work now before he gets even more angry." With that, Kisa-San goes back to his laptop and types out his report.

Like I care if Takano gets even more mad, I thought.

Why is he such a jerk, especially to me! I don't remember him ever being a bully back in high school -

Ah no stop! You can't think about him firing work! For my own sake he's in the same room I'm in!

I never wanted this to happen... I only wanted to work in literature to make them as great as possible and to work with novel writers so we can publish an amazing book. But, I have to have the talent for it. So I switched companies day in and day out like it was nothing to finally get that position.

That is, I used to. Now, I work in manga. Almost entirely different than what my job used to be. Working in manga takes a lot of skill like making novels. What type of filter do we make this page in? How dark or light should we shade the background to express the protagonist's emotion? Should we add more affection in this scene, or later? How do we made the protagonist seem more interesting to the readers,

All this takes time to cope with the mangaka, the author and writer of his or her works. There will always be disagreements to what goes on with a story, but in the end, the manga will turn out to be at it's best. Much like a novel in printing. And I want to make it even better. Stopping now will only be a fail. I have to improve to make the story develop!

And I can't keep all the credit... Takano helped me even start the basics of manga. I had no clue why people would even enjoy them, but knowing you can make people smile is more than enough for me to love my job.

Maybe Takano really isn't so bad after all... I had a liking to him for a reason back in high school... Maybe there's more to him than I'm not thinking about-

"I'm gonna ask again, where the hell are your manuscripts!?!"

"Can you leave me alone so I can work on them?!" Startled, I yelled not knowing how loud I raised my voice. A few nearby people started, but later straighter their shoulders. It's common for us to yell here.

"What the hell you mean 'leave you alone'?! If I don't check every second on what you're doing, this publishing house will go bankrupt!"

What?!!

Forget everything I said! There really is nothing good about Takano after all! What was I kidding myself with?!

"Hatori-San! Where are the manuscripts from your author?" I ask him desperately. Takano getting mad is the worst thing in the job. And he used his anger toward me over anyone else! So unfair...

"They're not ready yet, I'm afraid... I'm sorry Onodera but I don't know when they'll be ready..." Hatori apologizes after getting off the phone with his author.

Flabbergasted, I sigh while also scratching the ends of my hair.

"They're not ready..." I tell Takano, kinda scared what he'll react.

"What do you mean they're not ready?!" Of course, he gets even more mad.

"They're not ready and that's that!"

This is gonna be a long day...

-

Honestly I know why I still have feelings over Takano. He's rude. He humiliates me whenever he pleases, and barges into my apartment without my permission!

He's my boss, but that doesn't give him any right to control my life!

But even through that... He cares... For me.

Since the very first day, Takano has shown to care for me. He may have said some harsh words in the beginning, but it was him that mad me become a better editor. Even out of work he cares. When I got sick, he helped me get bcc to health by making me soup. And to be honest, it was delicious...

So now, I'm stuck... I've fallen into a deeper love with Takano... I never stopped loving him and according to him, he hasn't stopped loving me either...

But, I'm scared. Things didn't go right like when we were in high school. I got hurt because I thought Takano was playing with my feelings... I was wrong all this time and avoided a lot of close people...

I don't want the same to happen again. The feelings I have for Takano are far too great to be kept hidden. I want to tell him... But... What if things go the same as before? What if one day we break up and... and then... Things go back when we broke up in high school...

"Oh... I don't want what to do anymore..." I facepalm myself. I just got off the train and I'm on my way to go back home. From the distance, I can see my apartment building just up ahead.

It's a good thing Takano stayed in the office a little longer... I don't want him to bathe into my house again...

After some time, I finally made it to the elevator. Pressing my floor button, I patiently wait to reach my floor, ready to take a night's rest.

Once the elevator door opened, I was stunned to see Takano outside my door.

"Finally. You're here." My next door neighbor said, sounding almost impatient. He is the opposite of a gentleman, a phrase many woman from the office would disagree.

-------------------

I NEED TO STOP MAKING SO MUCH FANFICTION

FML IS SUMMER I DO WHAT I WANT -

Anywaaaaaaays! This short story will be around 4 chapters if I'm correct. I hope you guys enjoy it so far ^^

Next update will be today 'cuz I enjoy this couple!! XD

Fuck what's the date today? *check calendar* Oh right right right

July 13, 2017