Chapter 15

Perfect- Ed Sheeran

My body was tensed, my hands were in fists and my arms were high protecting my face. My left foot was in front, ready to attack or defend myself. My gaze and full concentration were on my opponent. Cassius was in the same position as I was, his gaze on me. His eyes were observing me, like a predator watching his prey. I tried to do the same, but it was a fail attempt.

Suddenly without any warning, he launched at me. I avoided him barely, my arms receiving the blows that were meant for my face. I got out of the danger and kept my position. I steadied my breathing and concentrated on the task at hand. His eyes were on me, but then his gaze moved to something behind me and he looked surprised.

Confusion was clear on my face and I turned round to see what he was looking.

"What is i-"

I didn't get to end my question when something strong knocked down my legs and I fell to the ground, thankfully putting my hands to prevent my face from hitting the ground.

I turned around to see a smirking Cassius watching me struggle on the ground.

"That's cheating!" I said glaring at him while rubbing my hands, who were the ones who received the impact of the ground.

"I told you. No distraction can take your eyes from the opponent."

I groaned in annoyance and stood up. I moved my head to reduce the tension in my neck and went back to my fighting position.

Taking me by surprise, he started attacking me in no time. I moved with speed avoiding all his attempts to hit me, and with a fast move, I kicked him hard in the ribs. He took a step back and narrowed his eyes at me. I smirked at him and signalize with my finger to get closer. His punches and kicks were now faster and more accurate, making it a difficult job to keep him at bay.

After a whole minute of being in defensive, I decided to try my luck and be the offensive. I started to throw punches hitting the target on his arms and once in the ribs. But my luck didn't last long, and he grabbed my wrist in one of my attempts. I looked at him wide-eyed and cursed internally for getting too close. He grabbed my other wrist and put both of them behind my back.

"And with that, you are dead." He whispered in my ear, making me bit my lip in nervousness. He let go of me and I rubbed my wrists. I stuck my tongue at him in a childish way and he looked amused.

"You did pretty well. You still have to work on the offensive part." He said in a professional way that made me roll my eyes internally.

It was already past lunchtime, and we hadn't eaten anything since breakfast and my stomach was protesting for food. The growling sound was clear for everybody to hear, and I smiled in embarrassment at Cassius.

He rolled his eyes. "Let's eat. We will continue after."

I smiled eagerly and the both of us started walking side by side to the back of the cabin.

The sun was hitting pretty hard and the sweat was rolling on my back like a waterfall. It was one of the hottest days since winter-fall had started, and I was eager for some cold water, and give a proper goodbye to the warm sunny summer.

At the back of the cabin, Lucy was rather looking happy. I sat beside her and started to pet her. Her broken leg was looking better each passing day as well as her swollen wing. The wooden cast I invented was working perfectly on both cases and I was happy that in a few more days she was going to be able to walk again and then fly. Even though it was sad she was going to leave, I knew it was for the better.