InuYasha fanfiction 1: Bankotsu's Friend.

"No!" I screamed at the top of my lungs as I dashed to where my childhood best friend was about to be beheaded but by the time I got there I was too late and I saw Bankotsu's head get sliced off. Tears flooded from my eyes as I fell to my knees beside him and cradled his headless body.

All I could remember was the sudden chill of snow as soldiers took him and the rest of the Shichinintai to be buried at the base of Mt. Hakurei. Ten years have passed since then, and since I never really left the area around Mt. Hakurei, Bankotsu's burial place always haunted me.

One day in the village I heard some men talking about the Band of Seven's memorial stone being split in half. I caught up with them and asked "What do you mean, 'split in half?" One of them told me that rumours have been getting around that the Band of Seven turned Specters have been resurrected. I was automatically thinking 'this... can't be true' I had to see the stone for myself to actually believe it had been split in half. So I ran to the base of Mt. Hakurei and there I saw it. It was split right down the middle. I was so confused; I think I was about the cry.

Not long after, the castle lord heard of the seven powerful Specters and was worried. For he was the one who sent his army to kill the Shichinintai in the first place and took Bankotsu's Halberd Banryu as a trophy. He was scared about Bankotsu and the other members of the Shichinintai wanting revenge on the man responsible for all their deaths. Of course it still had not been proven that they were resurrected and they were just mere rumours; until one day the entire village were talking about how the castle lord was killed by the Great Halberd Banryu's, rightful owner. I ran to the castle where I saw hundreds of castle guards dead. I knew Bankotsu was the only person capable of this massacre. The reason Bankotsu was beheaded in the first place was because people feared his and the rest of the Shichinintai's strength. They did murder many people, demons and anything else they crossed their path.

Sure, Bankotsu was a killer but not to me. I saw straight through him, remember the great times we had growing up. I wonder if I saw him again would he even remember me. What if he kills me? It was a long time ago he could've changed. But I had to see him again. I loved him.

I was walking away from the castle when I heard terrifying rumbling sounds that shook the ground beneath me. I jumped into the nearby bushes as I saw a giant machine-man roll past and on him, the surviving members of the Shichinintai. Bankotsu stood tall as they rid past and now I saw that the rumours were in fact true. I quietly followed them, trying to keep up. They stopped to rest in a forest. "How good did that feel guys?" Bankotsu asked the fellow members of the Shichinintai. "Yes. It did indeed fill my bloodlust. But you do know that now every army, assassin and demon will probably be after us" The bald one proclaimed. "That's what we wanted right?" Bankotsu asked him. "We wanted revenge on the ones who killed us originally" Bankotsu added.

"I'm gonna go get a drink from the river" he told the Shichinintai members. He was heading to the river nearby which was my perfect opportunity to confront him. He knelt down at the river and cupped his hands and splashed water on his face. "Bankotsu?" I called, taking every ounce of courage I had in my entire body and shoving it out my mouth. He gripped onto his Banryu that gently rested on his shoulder and then stood up and swung it around at me. He suddenly lifted it onto his shoulder again once he realized who I was. "Kumi?" He asked with and blank expression on his face. I am pretty sure he was stunned. "Hey, it's been a while huh?" I told him. "Yeah I mean how... how you been?" Bankotsu asked me. "Uh... good... well not bad at least" I looked down at my feet. "You're lying" Bankotsu told me as he went to a stump and sat down. "How... how did you know?" I laughed with relief. I didn't want to lie to Bankotsu. "I am your best friend? Or you know... was" he added letting his Banryu down. "So how have you really been?" He asked me, tapping the stump for me to sit down. I joined him and said "Well I never really got over what happened to you" I told him. "I... I was there when you got beheaded. I tried to stop it... but I was too late" I confessed. "You tried to stop it? No, Kumi I deserved what happened to me. It was simply karma. I... became a monster..." Bankotsu assured me. "Come on. I wouldn't be friends with a monster, and I sure as hell wouldn't fall in love with one..." I sighed. "Wait, what?" Bankotsu asked. Realizing that he heard what I just said I froze. "Um nothing... I didn't say anything" I assured him but he caught on. "You... you love me?" Bankotsu asked. "You said you're in love with me" Bankotsu stated a cute little smirk on his face. "No, no you misheard I said I am in love with water... oh who I am I kidding?" I gave in. "I do really deeply care about you Bankotsu" I confessed. "And what? I don't care about you? I care about you, I love..." he stopped once he saw two members of the Shichinintai walking up to us.