The Beginning

As we were walking along in his castle, I began to become completely restless and wish for my companion to hurry the heck up. This guy took his time, so this has been a long, long tour. I wish we could skip the tour crap and head straight into the real reason I am here, the reason every mad, lost, sad or emotional person comes: the deal.

"Why are you wasting my time by dragging me through your castle from hell?" I demanded. This was so stupid. I mean, yeah, he is very powerful but that alone does not give him the right to completely and utterly bore me to death. His castle was literally cool for all of two minutes, now it's just plain predictable. It was cool before he started talking and everything started looking the same. I'm being rude I know, but I also know I will not be reprimanded for it. If he wants a deal, he wont lay a hand on me. Besides, I hate the guy.

"Because I want to." He replied calmly. He didn't seem to have a care I .  The world about my mental state, which was heading in the direction of temporarily losing my mind and punching him.

I looked around. He at least gets credit for making the place look dark and scary. If I didn't know him I would have thought he was self-conscious considering how he was trying so hard to make it look frightening. As it is I would have been totally scared a few months ago. I continued walking, ignoring the idiot who didn't know how to shut his trap. He wont scare me, no matter what he does. I stopped being an easily scared little child two months ago.

"Here we are." He sweeps his hand at across the room sounding slightly bored. He has no right to be bored, considering what he just put me through, I am excited though that this is over. His expression said otherwise, it said that he was not bored and indeed wanted to get this moving along. He looked like a child who just got a billion toys for Christmas. Huh. Supposedly he is the evil one and I am the sweet little girl. Guess not. Then again I am not a sweet little girl. 

I look ahead to where he was looking. It is a big empty cave looking thing. It had sharp walls. The floor was covered in rough pieces of marble, wood, and rock, unlike the rest of the castle, which was nice and clean, but I guess that is what happens in this line of business. The consequences of these deals can be atomic. I don't blame him for having a certain room for all his encounters with kids like me. Heck, this room is probably a disaster because of those deals.

"Are you ready girl?" he said looking straight at me. He best not call me a girl again. if anything I only use that charade to my advantage, and now it is no being used to my advantage. I am no longer girl. I am who I am. Not a woman, lady, or girl. Just me.

I hope my mask of nonchalantness is still in place. I hope I didn't show my emotions. I look back at him. From his expression, it looks like my mask has not fallen. I am excited. I am excited to finally be more then average, to finally be able to protect my self against snotty kids who use me as a punching bag, and to finally be special in a good way. I am tired of being normal and everybody taking advantage of me. Now I can protect the ones important to me.

"I am ready when you are." I replied looking straight ahead again. He pulled my attention back to him by moving from my side to right in front of me. He put his right hand directly in front of my face. Rude. I contemplate biting his hand but decide against it.

"All we need to do now is shake on it and the deal will be complete." He said bluntly. Little did I know that by shaking his hand I would be ruining my life as I knew it. I desperately want something good to come out of this, but when you mess with these kind of deals and people, good rarely comes out.

I grabbed his hand and shook it vigorously. As soon as my hand left his I began to feel a burning sensation, at first it didn't hurt, just tingled. After a few seconds I felt like my body was on fire tenfold. My vision began to swim. I looked down at my body, it was turning a soft orange from the magic. I screamed again and again, then after what felt like years, but was only a few minutes of torture, I blacked out. 

My last thought was, " I should have thought this through, but who am I to think it through?"