Chapter 1

I, Keita, was living just another normal day in Sao Paulo, went to school in the morning through the same way,  had the same classes as in the last weeks, saw the same people, ate the same things, went back home the same way. I rested for about two hours and then went to the half-time job as a waiter in a Japanese restaurant in the neighborhood, took the orders as always, everything was the same. I've been having this sensation for a long time, for how long have I been doing this? All I did was follow a schedule, like a robot, I didn't have a girlfriend, and the family I still had lived far away in another city... Oh, how I wished everything would change, that something exciting would happen!

I shouldn't have wanted that...

I went back home as before, I thought about playing Osu!, a game that consists in clicking circles to the rythm of various musics and then keep reading a manga that was recommended to me, but when I got home, I was so depressed that I just layed down in my bed and started thinking about how my life was boring...

I decided to go out for a bit to refresh myself, I patiently went down the stairs of my two story building, once again, greeted the doorkeeper unemotionally who faked not noticing me. I went out through the gate and feelt the cool breeze of the night which made me feel relaxed.

I was lost in thoughts, when i came back to myself I was already far from home, I had walked for about two hours, it was already pretty late at night but the city streets were still crowded.

I liked to observe the houses, buildings and stores all lighted and shiny, and suddenlly, everything went dark.

It took a bit for my eyes to get used to the darkness but soon I could already see with help of the moon's light, now visible due to the darkness.

The fact that everything went off at the same time was really weird because nowadays most of the buildings have generators which are activated in cases like that, the situation was completely surreal, a big metropolis like Sao Paulo without any light? There was something even worse, I couldn't hear any car, cars shouldn't be affected by these blackouts, nor any machine but not even cellphones were working. I looked at my wristwatch which also wasn't working, but other than that, what called my attention was the little compass in the watch, it was spinning like crazy. Something really bad had happened.

The city was dead.